Sorry about the alarming thread name but I wanted all to read this. On the ... General Blackberry forum

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Lightbulb !!watch Your Phone!!

Advertisement

Sorry about the alarming thread name but I wanted all to read this. On the other forums a very honest guy, called VERIZON to get a replacement 8703e. easy enough, but when the replacement arrived it was NOT wiped clean. On this device was all info the previous owner had put. Along with all email for the last two months. He had a serious prob sending his in as a replacement. For obvious reasons.
    They kept trying to tell him he would have to pay full market price, for a refurb, if he kept his old one.
    After 4 calls he finally got to someone who actually saw this as a prob. He said he would not send his back for replacement.
    They finally saw his dilemma with the procedure of his phone getting sent to someone else. (he was unable to wipe it as the usb port had fried along with the screen.) long story short he has contacted the owner of the phone he was sent, and alerted her to the situation.
    The manager he talked to saw the big picture not just the phone cost.
    He is now being sent a brand new 8703 and does not have to return his. I am forever grateful for him sharing his story. If this phone had ended up in other hands it could have been bad.
    I do appreciate the people on the BB forums for being so honest and forthright in their lives!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO REPLY NEEDED JUST KEEP BUMPING IT TO THE TOP SO ALL CAN READ IT.

Thanx TONS Trav
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Funny thing happened to me, I bought 8700g off of ebay and when it arrived it also had some personal info left on it, like some e-mails and the address book, but I deleted it myself

PIN/ID
    ask me
    kinda scary if it ends up in the wrong hands huh?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    sorry all
    bump to the top

phidauex no está en línea Stack level 2
    I saw the guys post on the other forum.. Yikes!

It is stuff like this that makes ID theft so easy. Its not super-hackers from offshore computers sniffing your encrypted credit cards when you buy from Amazon.com, its companies making stupid mistakes like this. What if the blackberry they returned had an insurance salesmen's client list? That would be nice to have.

Always wipe your blackberry before selling it! There are many threads on how to do so, even if other things aren't working right. The scary part is when your blackberry gets so damaged that you can't wipe it yourself, so you send it off, and they send you a replacement, fix yours, and then send it out again without wiping it. There isn't anything you can do about it, besides complain!

I've got a friend who works at a doctor's office, and instead of paying to have a data security company come and shred their old medical records, they put them all in trash bags, and give them to one of the employees who has a farm, who goes and burns them on her farm. Sometimes a bag falls out of the back of her truck as she drives home, but whatever. !!!!

Our privacy laws are fine, assuming companies bothered to follow them.

peace,
    sam

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by kayos72
    They finally saw his dilemma with the procedure of his phone getting sent to someone else. (he was unable to wipe it as the usb port had fried along with the screen.)
    What about Options->Security Options->General Settings->Wipe Handheld??