Anyone interested in the differences between these two phones? I currently have 7130e and I ... General Blackberry forum

donmitchell no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31892F51

VZW 7130e vs. T-Mo 8700g

Advertisement

Anyone interested in the differences between these two phones? I currently have 7130e and I have an 8700g on the way...I heard so many good things about it I had to check it out. $60 for 1000 minutes, unlimited e-mail, web, text and instant messaging is also a much better deal than what Verizon charges for something similiar. I guess Verizon probably only has better speed with the EVDO network...any input anyone?
    -Don

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

Re: VZW 7130e vs. T-Mo 8700g

I'd personaly go with the Verizon one, just because of EVDO. I do alot of mobile browsing, as I use a PDA rather than a laptop when I'm out and about. I also don't go internationaly much, but I kept my unlocked 7100 for that.

Now as for price, well T-Mobile is probably cheaper. Though maybe not by much. I got Verizon with 450minutes, unlimited night/weekend/ld, unlimtied internet on evdo for $64 a month. It would have been arond 80 but apperently if you have a government job (I work at the local school district) you can fax a form in that gets you a 15% discount. [If you want/need the form, I'd be more than happy to Email that over.]

I used to have T-Mobile and their service is pretty good for the money. I only really have 2 gripes with them, 1) The reception could have been better, I just never noticed before switching... so it was never really a problem. But in my friends apartment I frequently wouldn't have a signal. and 2) I'm still dealing with this part; I canceled their service and they for some reason or another are trying to charge me still for service. My phone doesnt work, so I know it's canceled... but I continue to get a bill in the mail.
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

donmitchell no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31892F51

Re: VZW 7130e vs. T-Mo 8700g

Thanks for the reply...I'm going to have both in-hand so I'll be able to compare them side by side where ever I go. I think you are right that the EVDO will definitely be a lot faster than the EDGE and Verizon's coverage will also be better. I just noticed a couple new towers near my house so I'm hoping those will help T-mobile with their coverage...T-mobile says the coverage in my particular area of my house is halfway between "Good" and "Great", whatever that means.

As far as price, I am paying full price at Verizon because I have no discounts and I don't work for government (although I'm trying). So as far as that goes, T-mobile will be cheaper every month and I'll get to have Yahoo, AIM, MSN, and ICQ. Verizon can do them, but not as well as Tmobile, and I use them A LOT. I also had a chance to use the 8700 in the T-mobile store, but I couldn't actually hold it or talk to it because it was bolted down to the display. The 8700's screen was brighter and wider, and the keys were somewhat difficult to press, but probably because of how akward it was trying to hold it in the store.

Guess that's why I have a 30-day return period. I'll let you know how it goes.
    -Don