I have a Nextel 7100i and I tried VoiceControl twice with no luck. Both times ... General Blackberry forum

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

VoiceControl in 7100 Series

Advertisement

I have a Nextel 7100i and I tried VoiceControl twice with no luck. Both times it would only redial whatever number I had last dialed manually. Has anyone with a 7100 series phone had any success getting this software to work? BTW, the 7100i uses OS 4.1.

layton1228 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Re: VoiceControl in 7100 Series

i just downloaded it and it seems to work fine with my 7100i OS 4.1 its slow on the email dictation but the "call" feature and the "go to website" feature seems to work well, , i also tested it with my blue tooth headset and it also works fine. are you holding the ptt button thru the whole voice command?
    Last edited by layton1228; 04-20-2006 at 03:24 AM.

layton1228 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

for anyone interested you can find it on www.handango.com and just do a search for voicecontrol, btw its not free..its $8.99, and so far its worth it. but there is a free trial for it. and it does download ota!!

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Yes, I was holding the ptt button. At first I thought it was catching the name but not when I said "mobile" because after I had dialed my gf at work manually and then later tried to call her cell phone using VC, it kept dialing her work number. I realized what was happening the next day when, after dialing my office manually, I tried to call my gf's cell phone using VC and it kept dialing my office. After this happened the first time I installed the software, I uninstalled and reinstalled it, but nothing changed. I currently still have it installed, but its not active. Now that I know that someone has gotten it to work on a 7100i, I'll try contacting the company again. They didn't have any suggestions the first time but its worth a try because I'd really like to get it working! Thanks for your response.
    ~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    I had this on my 7100i as well. It worked fine for me. The trick was to just say "Call Jen". It would then bring up the stored numbers for that person , use the trackwheel to highlight the right one and click. Try that if you don't mind the extra step. Good luck!