I've had my Pearl 24 hours - it doesn't recognize my voice when speaking names ... General Blackberry forum

jimpearl no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Voice Recognition - doesn't

Advertisement

I've had my Pearl 24 hours - it doesn't recognize my voice when speaking names - numbers are good - is there a way to teach it my voice for names?

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135
    Hi Jim Welcome, I have found that for me it does a decent job of recognizing the names. There are a couple of things you can do.

First, make sure that choice lists is active. options-->Voice Dialing -->Always on or Automatic

Second you can adjust the sensitivity to increase the choices again, options, voice dialing, sensitivty. Move the selection to reject less. this will give you more options in the list.

If you do these two things, when you say a name, it will prompt you asking if "Did you say So and so" if it is correct say yes, if no, it will try what it thinks is the next closest. I have not had to choose more than the 2nd choice so far.

I hope this helps.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I also found that using first and last names helps tremendously! It kind pa sucks updating your address book, but it works nicely. I can call most people on 1 try!