Just an FYI..I'm so glad that this is right around the corner for us too! ... General Blackberry forum

toddone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Vodacom the first to go live with BIS upgrade!

Advertisement

Just an FYI..I'm so glad that this is right around the corner for us too!http://www.berryreview.com/2008/06/2...launch-bis-25/
    " Real talk comes from the heart not from the mouth "

_Todd_

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    I believe the asia/pacific region has already received the BIS upgrade.

The USA is supposed to get it the coming weekend. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

vexvegaz no está en línea Stack level 2
    what can we expect from this upgrade? native html email support?

I believe you will only get html email if you are on os 4.5. I believe hotmail support was also involved.

Check this out

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/artic...AL_Public.html
    Last edited by melissaox; 06-22-2008 at 11:11 AM. Reason: added link
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

focuztorch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Good to know no need for empower at all anymore correct guys~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

We will have to wait and see how it goes. Empower may have options that you won't get by default. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

CrunchDude no está en línea Stack level 3
    YES! Correcto-mundo! I'm running 4.5.0.42, and the FULL HTML browser is night-and-day better than the old one. It's also way better than Opera Mini!

As for BIS v2.5 in the U.S., it will happen between 12-midnight to 8am this coming Saturday morning Eastern time! Benefits are FULL HTML email, and the ability to FINALLY add my @live account to my list of email accounts (someone mentioned hotmail, and live.com is hotmail!), and BIS 4.5 will also support OTA updates!
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    TMO Germany has switched to BIS 2.5 yesterday

Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Yeah once RIM has done the upgrade you will have to wait for your carrier to switch which should be fairly quick.

bobbyj1985uk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    257073FB
    uk too!! love it
    ---~Loving his BB - True Crackberry Addict~---
    New Pin: 21153ADC
    ~~~~If In Doubt Pull It Out . . Battery Obviously ;-)~~~~

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Man I am stuck with cdma and in canada! I cannot wait for the release for us here! This sounds like a great feature, this is one thing that I didn't like about blackberry, the addition of this feature would defenetly help rim's battle with apple.

Ah man...RIM is a Canadian company, right? I would think they'd take care of their own. But then again, look at Palm lol...

By the way, I have always wondered from every picture I've ever seen as to whether or not the screen SIZE, not resolution, is a tad smaller on the Bold.

I mean, just look at this side-by-side...And are the phone and end keys a bit unnecessarily big?

What are the exact dimensions for both the Curve and the Bold? I am big on high resolution, and with HVGA, this baby will be hot, but the actual screen size smaller? Please say it ain't so, guys!???
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    I can't wait!!! It will be so nice to have the HTML email!!!

I hate not being able to see, what should be, basic email's.
    Hopefully TMO USA doesn't wait to switch untill RIM releases the bold with TMO

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    YES! Correcto-mundo! I'm running 4.5.0.42, and the FULL HTML browser is night-and-day better than the old one. It's also way better than Opera Mini!

As for BIS v2.5 in the U.S., it will happen between 12-midnight to 8am this coming Saturday morning Eastern time! Benefits are FULL HTML email, and the ability to FINALLY add my @live account to my list of email accounts (someone mentioned hotmail, and live.com is hotmail!), and BIS 4.5 will also support OTA updates!
    So would the OTA updates allow movement of a current beta OS out of beta? Or would you still have to download the final 4.5 update and apply to the BB before it can take effect?
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Well, if you can find it, there are download links for various versions of the OS 4.5 beta's. I don't think you can receive OS 4.5 via OTA updates, although if you already have a recent beta of 4.5, who knows.

I would still recommend against it. The entire OS is just too big, and will take about 45-60 minutes to install to your Blackberry, when downloaded to your computer. You will need Desktop Manager for the update as well. I am unsure as to what's out, but I used DM 4.6 to perform the upgrade, which was unbelievably seamless. I didn't even do any back-up's, as DM 4.6 promised to do it for me, and that included both the backup (including every last checkmark of my settings of EVERY applications), as well as the restore. I was impressed!

Upgrading from Windows Mobile 5 to WM6 was not as seamless. Kudos to RIM!! I also think it's a smart move to release OS 4.5, the final release, along with BIS v2.5! It makes a lot of sense for a lot of reasons.

@ natesax7: Yea, no kidding! You can use BBSmartView in the meantime. I have it, and it turns your current NON-HTML email into full HTML email, and you don't have to wait! It's very snippy, too, and it renders great! My plan is, before I purchase something like BBSmartView, or its competitor (the name escapes me at the moment), I will wait for the BIS upgrade. Mobile carriers should follow the BIS upgrade immediately following RIM's upgrade to v2.5!