Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I searched around to no avail, I've found tons of threads with similar problems, ... General Blackberry forum

llsteve80 no está en línea Stack level 1

Vista won't recognize blackberry

Advertisement

So I searched around to no avail, I've found tons of threads with similar problems, but none with a solution that works for me.

To break it down, I'm running Vista home 32 bit, SP1, and have a Storm 9530.

When I plug the BB in, it charges, but windows does not recognize that anything has been plugged in, i.e. no "duh-dunk" sound, no searching for drivers, nothing. Mass storage mode is enabled on the phone to enter automatically, and I cannot see the device in my computer.

I have the latest desktop manager available, and hence, the newest drivers.

I'm thinking that the problem lies with vista itself, and not desktop manager or my Storm. Also, when I plugged it in to a friends USB, with my USB cable, vista installed the drivers.

I was thinking drivers, since the phone charges, but I think the storm can draw power from USB without them anyway.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled all USB devices in device manager, and enabled "show disconnected hardware" as well, and there is no BB devices listed that way either.

I am baffled here and open to ANY suggestions, thanks.

Oh, and when I uninstall DM and remove drivers, Vista still acts like I didn't plug anything in.....

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    For testing purposes only, right click and run as administrator when opening DM... If that doesn't work we'll try something different

thanks for the quick reply, tried it, nothing.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    remove the battery off of the phone while pluged in, wait for at least 30 secs the put the batt back and wait for the phone to reboot and see if that works...
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

Tried and done; I have also uninstalled DM, restarted vista, and tried to get vista to realize something has been plugged in. I even manually delted drivers from the drivers.store folder where vista stores uninstalled drivers for quicker access if devices get reinstalled....grrr that was a pain since those are on system level protection, which is higher than admin...

Im seriously about to make a new partition with a naked install of vista just to see if that one recognizes the phone. I have a sneaky suspicion there is an old or conflicting driver somewhere

PIN/ID
    ask me
    hold on on that, let try first doing a clean unistall of dm first, download REVO uninstaller, the free version does what we need, once revo is installed, uninstall dm using option fourth for a deeper search, then re boot pc, get a fresh copy of dm and install, re boot pc and try again....yeah i know is a pain
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

Haha ok, I'll try it. I doubt I found everything in my manual search, never heard of that program and I like the way it sounds so I'm sure I'll use it for other things. I'll get back after I try that. (I do have to admit, this is fun; if everything worked like it should life would be boring.)

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by llsteve80 View Post
    Haha ok, I'll try it. I doubt I found everything in my manual search, never heard of that program and I like the way it sounds so I'm sure I'll use it for other things. I'll get back after I try that. (I do have to admit, this is fun; if everything worked like it should life would be boring.)
    true.... and revo is a must have i guess

Hmmm. To keep the thread updated, I'm about to reinstall DM, however, when plugging in the phone, vista still doesn't say "WTF, what is this?" and start looking for drivers. It is still as if I have not plugged in anything. I'm going to install DM and reboot now.

Is revo better than Ccleaner perhaps? Thats what I normally use.

Well, that didn't work. Pretty sure I've already tried that method too, felt familiar.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    i guess it is....

Well, restarted the berry and vista simultaneously to save time, still not working. I stuck my finger in one of the USB ports and it tried to install me, (haha), but now im totally lost here. Every other USB device works, just not this device

PIN/ID
    ask me
    ummm that doesnt sound right, does the another pc, if you have access to it, reads the device?

Yes, every other PC sees the device, even with no BB drivers or DM installed....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast