I did a forum search but didn't find a definitve answer; question-Is Desktop Version 4.2 ... General Blackberry forum

tjones60 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B08D89

Vista Compatibility

Advertisement

I did a forum search but didn't find a definitve answer; question-Is Desktop Version 4.2 compatible with Vista? Are there any install or function issues?

howiet4702 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA6BE

Re: Vista Compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by tjones60
    I did a forum search but didn't find a definitve answer; question-Is Desktop Version 4.2 compatible with Vista? Are there any install or function issues?
    I hope so... I pick up my new computer w/Vista tomorrow....

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i think as long as its not the 64bit version you will be ok. But I'm not 100 percent positive on that. Can anyone else confirm?

howiet4702 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA6BE

I can't do anything with the new Vista.

I can't even plug it in to charge my BB. It says not enough power to charge. Check your USB driver.

Is there anyway to synch with the new Vista? I am running the 4.2 Desktop manager that i just downloaded from t-mobile. It says it can not read the USB. Device not detected......

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

you will have a lot of problems with vista , because rim are in direct competition with microsoft so dont expect them to do anything quickly

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Of the people I know using Vista,[some of whom are software engineers ] they are finding a lot of issues and problems with it. This is to be expected as the OS was pushed out to consumers before it was fully debugged.

Some who also use a BB say the desktop Mgr is not compatible. However that's just the experience of a few. It may not be the best idea now to use Vista until it's sorted out. Unless you have no other choice.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ednap no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24FF13F0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    As with any significant OS I would suggest waiting until at least service pack 2 has been released.

This is a significant change in OS so I'd expect lots of 3rd party software & driver issues.

NeoTexan no está en línea Stack level 1

Five million beta testers amd none of them had BB?

joe allen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b09853

Quote Originally Posted by antx16
    you will have a lot of problems with vista , because rim are in direct competition with microsoft so dont expect them to do anything quickly
    it seems silly to think that rim wouldn't want their devices to be able to connect with the user's computer. they will have to make it compatible otherwise people will choose other platforms that work with their machines. also, the BES would seem less functional if there is no exchange server to connect with. if they want to survive they will need to make their devices/software work with the platform most people will be using. what OS do you think the majority of people will be using in 3-4 years? i will give you a hint....it won't be linux or osx. trying to be an island in the tech industry will make you worthless. of course this is just my opinion
    Joe - 8703
    "Blackberryland is a much happier place than Palmville"