So, I'm wondering if anyone has used one of these or knows someone who did. ... General Blackberry forum

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

Virtual Laser Keyboard

Advertisement

So, I'm wondering if anyone has used one of these or knows someone who did. Currently debating getting the bluetooth one for my BlackBerry 7100; since typing lexture notes and long emails gets quite cumbersome with the built in keypad. - I checked out the foldable one, but its about the same price and surely not as cool looking.

http://www.virtual-laser-keyboard.com/ << Incase you have no clue what I'm talking about

So if anyone has any opinions on this, feel free to reply or leave a pin. Thanks.

Edit: Forgot to mention; if anyone knows where to find an 8700 (unlocked, as ill need it running on tmobile) for around 500 dollars; then I may just get the 8700 and not the keyboard... put the money from the keyboard toward the 8700.
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Virtual Laser Keyboard

Has anyone actually tried it?? I saw it on CSI Miami this week.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

tweber78 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    214b43dc

~~~Posted via Blackberry @ wap.pinstack.com~~~wow, that is pretty cool. It almost sounds like a scam. (Too cool to be true). I might have to pick this baby up. I wonder if I can project it on to my steerinf wheel or windshield.? Hmmm?

What I really need is a complete bb hud.

Preety cool

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I think it would take a lot of getting used to. I still like the loud click feedback of the old IBM 101-key keyboards.

aosmith Guest

its not a scam those have been around for a few years...ive never actually used one tho.

aosmith Guest

was just thinking about this...seems like your hands would get in the way of the laser light...might be kinda like using a smart board...

Wonders who I might be able to convince to try one.....
    This would be cool if it worked well.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

All the ratings I have found so far were good. There was one that said the battery time was low about 1.5 to 1.75 hours. The accuracy they said was not 100% but was still very good.
    My Blog , My Flickr

aosmith Guest

talk the admins into throwing one in with the 8700c theyre giving away for a review!

Hey that would be cool. But it might be asking for too much.
    My Blog , My Flickr

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

lol, yeah thats probibly a bit much :P
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

If they had one at a local store I could go and check out and see used or attempt to use myself I would be more willing to try it. Buying from a random online dealer makes me nervious. And I can not pay via paypal. I would rather buy it off of someone on Ebday with paypal personally. Although the store could be wonderful. Just makes me a little nervous.
    My Blog , My Flickr

rjharary no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2038fe53

I heard about a cooler thing, an indestructaable keyboard, id like to test them on that!

aosmith Guest

yea id like a shot at that one...im sure i could destory it...maybe to go with my powerbook thats been dropped like 10 times now.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Anyone tried that moveable key keyboard? where you rearrange the magnetic keys anyway you like on a metalic base.

Must one use a Blackberry compatible keyboard? If not, is there a magic box solution to use any keyboard?