Is there any way to view my ******@mycingular.blackberry.net emails (inbox, etc) on my desktop? I ... General Blackberry forum

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Question Viewing BIS email on a desktop?

Advertisement

Is there any way to view my ******@mycingular.blackberry.net emails (inbox, etc) on my desktop? I was told I could set up Outlook to manage it, but I had no idea how.

Is this possible?

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Viewing BIS email on a desktop?

I'd really like to know this too. I've tried but have been unable to get it to work. If its possible, I need the pop3 and smtp settings.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

If you mean directly, you can't use outlook or anything else to view blackberry email on your unless you are using BES, Company, Personal setup or Hosted.

If you are still using BIS 1.8 you can use the Web access. Otherwise there is only ABC Amber Blackberry which will allow you to extract messages and other info from the Backup files in several different formats.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

How would we access "Web Access"? (:

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Nope. You need to integrate an email account with webmail or POP access (try gmail or the like) if you want those features.

Don't give out your *.blackberry.net address and use it as a regular email address or you will have to delete it and create a new one once you start getting spam to it. Keep it private and use it only for forwarding mail in cases where you need mail quickly pushed and have no option other than forwarding to the *.blackberry.net address.

The main reason I ask this is because I currently have all my contacts send email to my gmail account, but attatchments like pictures cannot be saved from the gmail app and therefore must be forwarded to the BIS email account to be saved.

If I set my BIS to forward all of my gmail to my BIS, I could save the attatchments, correct?

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if you have the luxury of being on BIS 2.3 then it has a setting which allows you to forward all emails or just those with attachments. I set up a seperate gmail account just for my BIS address so now I have a desktop version of BIS (only downside - it fills up with read receipts, another bonus of 2.3)

How would I know what BIS I have? Sorry, Super newbie.

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~how long have you had your service running for?
    The easiest way to tell is: go to your messages, press menu and go to options and if you have an 'Email Settings' on your screen then your on 2.3!!!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I'm not so sure about that. I had Email Settings under Options before I was on 2.3.

It seems that he would have the same options for forwarding as you if that was a new feature of BIS 2.3 (just log into the carrier's BIS site).