I recently rendered some mpeg4 videos. If I rendered a 10min clip, the bb seemed ... General Blackberry forum

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

video handling - itouch vs. bb

Advertisement

I recently rendered some mpeg4 videos. If I rendered a 10min clip, the bb seemed to play it fine. However a 2hr movie would result in an error("error playing").

The itouch on the other end would play flawlessly, whether it be a 10min clip or a 2hr movie.

My conclusion, seems to me apple's got their job well done. RIM needs to improve on the multimedia section.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

Re: video handling - itouch vs. bb

One is a phone and one is a multimedia device with no wireless radio. What did you really expect. Beyond that, the BB is made more for business and e-mail, not movies.

I can play long movies on my blackberry curve, so I am not for sure why you get an error.

jjames42 no está en línea Stack level 2

I have 15 or more converted to mp4 format and never had any issues. What are your settings for the video and do they match your Blackberry's optimal settings.

Quote Originally Posted by pinpoint
    I recently rendered some mpeg4 videos. If I rendered a 10min clip, the bb seemed to play it fine. However a 2hr movie would result in an error("error playing").

The itouch on the other end would play flawlessly, whether it be a 10min clip or a 2hr movie.

My conclusion, seems to me apple's got their job well done. RIM needs to improve on the multimedia section.

PIN/ID
    ask me.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah well I use the same settings as the 10min clip mp4. Or m4v

jjames42 no está en línea Stack level 2

What encoder are you using to make the video. I had an initial issue with have my video bitrate too high. Using mEncoder and a bit rate of 400 I have had no issues with any videos.

Here is my generic batch file for generating my movies:
    mencoder.exe dvd://1 -dvd-device .\VIDEO_TS -vf scale=320:-3 -o movie.avi -of avi -ovc lavc -oac lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=400:acodec=mp3:abitrate=64

Please note that I use the freeware DVDFab HD Decrypter to make a movie only copy to my hard drive. I then place the above batch file in the movies directory and about 60-90 minutes later my movie is done.

PIN/ID
    ask me.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That could be the reason my movies won't launch. High quality.