I was thinking that being able to make a video call/conference would be something pretty ... General Blackberry forum

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Video Calling/Conferencing

Advertisement

I was thinking that being able to make a video call/conference would be something pretty neat in a blackberry. Im not sure if there is an real need for it but I think it would be neat. what do you guys think?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Video Calling/Conferencing

I would love that in ANY phone, BB or not
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

They are already using it in Japan and at&t's 3G network is supposed to be able to handle at least one way video calling here in the US. From my understanding we are just waiting for them to actually launch the feature to be able to use it. From the way it was explained to us when 3G was first launched was that Video Calling was one of the features that the phones were capable of (part of the reason for the rotatin camera on the first edition of the 3G phones) but the network wasn't ready to use it yet.

Zo.

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

Shame, no 3G yet. I make 3G calls every day calling my MOM who's some 400miles away from
    where I live. Now I dont miss home anymore....

PIN/ID

so I guess this suggestion shouldnt go to RIM but rather to the carriers themselves. Come on guys we need 3G. Thanks for the info amigotek.

creaktion no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey everyone I'm still new to the BB but I thought that there weren't any BB that used 3g. I may be wrong but I don't think the new curve does either. Anyways its just something I was wondering I think it would be great to have video calling on the BB. My blackberry 8100
    is awesome, just thought I'd add that in.

Camilo Yepes

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID

well there is the 87xx over on one of the European carriers (maybe Vodafone but im not sure) and its 3g.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    This would be filed under "would be sweet to have". Great idea!

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

I think it would be "neat" but very unnecessary. Applications like Skype are fuzzy and choppy at best so I doubt that something similar would be useful on a handheld.

Video conferencing is more of a toy feature IMO. RIM’s target audience is the on the go business man. Not a 18yo girl that wants to cybersex with her boyfriend.

but what the hell do I know..."I don’t know"......., I just think that Video conferencing is a waste. My Co spent a lot of money getting all top level managers nice wide screen 21” monitors with high resolutions cameras at each of their desks for video conferencing. In 10 months have they used it once?? Nope, they still travel all over the city and country to meet face to face.

Besides, you are going to look like a fool talking to your phone as you have it at the end of your stretched out arm.
    Last edited by paulypaul; 06-08-2007 at 05:29 PM.