Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am assuming from the banner ad on the home/news page that even though the ... General Blackberry forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

I am assuming from the banner ad on the home/news page that even though the full transition isn't expected until the 3rd quarter that Alltel users are already part of the IN network. Says now over 80 million users or something to that effect.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 01-17-2009 at 04:17 PM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I tried checking the Alltel website and there's no useful info there, tried calling Alltel customer service and they know nothing/or simply are not allowed to tell anything yet and can't even access customer accounts right now because of system changes/updates due to the merger........so I continue to wait.....in the mean time I still have awesome service and my very reliable 8330 curve I am eligable for an upgrade on my other line so I just want to know if the Storm is in my future or if I should let my son take the upgrade and get the HTC he is craving.......
    I guess I should be more concerned - I haven't checked with anyone here but I think I will.

On Alltel not having access to any of the accounts, they still have enough to send me my bill with an Alltel header on it. Nothing's changed there -
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    I am assuming from the banner add on the home/news page that even though the full transition isn't expected until the 3rd quarter that Alltel users are already part of the IN network. Says now over 80 million users or something to that effect.

Technically the merger is official so they are counting us, but I won't consider myself a VZW customer until I can use my Alltel upgrade on one of their phones. I went to a verizon store today to play with a storm and both display models were dead, chargers not working right made me sad :cry:
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Technically the merger is official so they are counting us, but I won't consider myself a VZW customer until I can use my Alltel upgrade on one of their phones. I went to a verizon store today to play with a storm and both display models were dead, chargers not working right made me sad :cry:
    I feel the same way. I will not feel like part of the Verizon family/network until I can get a Storm.

wcbratton no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    312AE7B1
    I just put some of my Alltel friends numbers to see if their "in" & VZW resonded "they're in" on VZW web site.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by wcbratton View Post
    I just put some of my Alltel friends numbers to see if their "in" & VZW resonded "they're in" on VZW web site.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Where'd you put the Alltel numbers in Verizon? Pardon my ignorance. I just didn't understand where you put them and the Verizon reply "they're in." Thanks.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

wcbratton no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    312AE7B1
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Where'd you put the Alltel numbers in Verizon? Pardon my ignorance. I just didn't understand where you put them and the Verizon reply "they're in." Thanks.
    There is a link on VZW's site that allows you to put a phone # in to see if you would get mobile to mobile. I would send a link but no access to a computer at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by wcbratton View Post
    There is a link on VZW's site that allows you to put a phone # in to see if you would get mobile to mobile. I would send a link but no access to a computer at the moment.
    That's ok - I'll find it. I looked on the Verizon site before I asked but I didn't see anything that stuck out. Thanks.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Just bored and clicking around and found out that when checking zip on Verizon site it directs me to Alltel.com and offers explanation of what is in the works. Seems they do a little more every day. I feel my Storm getting closer.

What did it say since my area was already strong with verizon I don't get that meesage when I go to the vzw site......
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You have entered a zip code for an Alltel location and may purchase service at Alltel.com.

Verizon Wireless recently completed its purchase of Alltel and work is underway to merge the two companies. During the next several months, we will upgrade the Alltel network and integrate it into Verizon Wireless´ nationwide voice and advanced broadband network to bring you the best wireless experience available and to offer you the full suite of Verizon Wireless services. After establishing service with Alltel, we will contact you by mail prior to any changes that may impact your service when the integration is complete in your area.
    If you would like to choose a location by a different zip code please enter it now, or choose a location by city/state.

Hmmmmm....thanks doesn't say much does it? LOL But it acknowledges change is coming anyway.
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yep just hope it comes about fsster than what they are saying. I need a new toy my only other option now is the 8830.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

anandsihra no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20922A41
    I'm going to miss Chad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12