Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well folks....it looks like this coming Friday is the first "legal" day of the merger. ... General Blackberry forum

jglee311 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Lightbulb Verizon/Alltel Merger

Advertisement

Well folks....it looks like this coming Friday is the first "legal" day of the merger. They're doing network maintenance today through Friday in preperation for the change. Not sure exactly what that will mean as far as from a customer standpoint....but we'll see soon enough. Hold on tight!!

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    hopefully no downtime or better yet, pray nothing breaks.

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    I sure hope not.....but they are splitting off some western us carriers, so who knows?? YIKES!!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Oh man, I feel a Storm coming on It will be interesting to see if they keep the Alltel tower near me or sell it off, they should keep it since verizon customers only have 1x coverage at my house, but if you look at the verizon coverage map it says they have full coverage here already which is just not accurate........will have to wait and see.....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    I know Star.....I have the same deal at my house, it shows full coverage on Verizon's map. But when I was test driving a Storm a few weeks back, coverage there was awful....but with my Alltel BB I have no issues at all. We'll see I guess, I feel like they'll keep them though.....I hope!! I told my Rep.....I'm coming to get my Storm Friday, she just laughed.

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    Ooooo, you know what..........you're in Arizona, right Star?

Yup

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    You may not change then. From what I was told some of the Western markets were not being purchased by Verizon.....which is why they're doing the changes this week...to seperate those from the ones that are. That would STINK!!!

I wonder who we would become then, the only other cdma carrier here is sprint.........:s

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    My understanding is for the near future it would remain Alltel, until someone else purchased it. I mean.....hopefully I'm wrong.....for your sake. I know it would be nice to take advantage of the Verizon devices. Sorry dude.

I tried checking the Alltel website and there's no useful info there, tried calling Alltel customer service and they know nothing/or simply are not allowed to tell anything yet and can't even access customer accounts right now because of system changes/updates due to the merger........so I continue to wait.....in the mean time I still have awesome service and my very reliable 8330 curve I am eligable for an upgrade on my other line so I just want to know if the Storm is in my future or if I should let my son take the upgrade and get the HTC he is craving.......
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    Yeah I understand. Good luck with getting any useful info. from the website or customer service, they're pretty much in the dark too I imagine....which is pretty bad being THIS close and not being able to get accurate information, ya know?? I had to get mine from the inside being a business customer. You would think though since they're making production changes something would be said SOON!! :-/

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I checked and got this when trying to log on. Usually site updates are a day not two or three. Who knows. As far as markets I believe part of the merger agreement with the FCC was Verizon had to give up something like 100 small markets but the did not specify which or where.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 01-06-2009 at 07:38 PM.

Well, I talked to Alltel cs today and they were able to confirm that my market area is definitely becoming verizon......but they don't know when I would be able to go to verizon for an upgrade or when exactly I officially become a verizon customer. But at least I know what's coming........I think I see a Storm way off on the horizon
    Twitter? My Apps List

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Heard the same from my rep this morning after he replied to an email I shot him yesturday. Looks like we may be learning the Storm together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast