Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by NICKY88XX ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~haha.. I'm a private party. I vote blackberry for ... General Blackberry forum

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Re: VENTING about this iphone please read

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~haha.. I'm a private party. I vote blackberry for president. At least then well get things done right and sufficiant in an organized mannor
    haha. Sounds good to me, count me in!

JaeDee64 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F20434

Here are a few negatives about the iPhone:

What doesn’t iPhone do? Unlike most smart phones, the iPhone doesn’t have voice-dialing, voice memos, 3G Internet access, Word or Excel support, one-handed operation, or video recording. It can’t be used as a laptop modem. The battery can’t be replaced. It doesn’t support removable storage. The calendar, task list and e-mail won’t sync with Microsoft Outlook.

As a media player, the screen is big and the interface is undeniably cool. But storage limitations will seriously annoy people when they actually try to use the thing. Consider this: The operating system by itself will reportedly use about half a gigabyte. Add the included applications plus personal data such as contacts, all your songs, album art (to take advantage of the music browsing feature) and maybe a dozen or so podcast subscriptions, and at least 2 GB will be used before any movies are loaded. Movies available on iTunes range from just under 1 GB to just over 2 GB. There’s not a lot of space left for video

By comparison, you could easily fit every stoner comedy, inane chick flick and bus-oriented action movie Keanu Reeves has ever participated in on a iPod G5. But you probably could not squeeze even the Matrix Trilogy on the 8 GB iPhone and no more than one Matrix movie on the 4 GB iPhone

Another thing that will dash expectations is the fact that Apple is not yet opening iPhone to applications created by third-party developers. By contrast, besides letting you surf the Net, chat, do e-mail, listen to music, watch videos and so on, BlackBerrys, Treos and Windows Mobile devices have literally thousands of applications developed by third parties. IPhone users will miss out on all of that
    Last edited by JaeDee64; 03-23-2007 at 12:08 PM.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

and to top that off. aoparently its dangerous to your health as well. releasing over 2.0 sar levels on the body and even more on the ear.

aikenben no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DEAC76

Quote Originally Posted by Tedium
    The iPhone is for Democrats.
    The Blackberry is for Republicans.

(snicker)
    I'm wondering where you came up with that, because I typically agree with Democratic viewpoints, however I'm a BB user.

x0sarah0x no está en línea Stack level 1

the iphone is over rated. I think that everyone is going to get really excited just like they did with the razr and then they will relize that its crap.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Were people excited about the razr? I didn't even notice.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Heck and to top it off doesnt use mms. So whats the point with having a 2.0 digital camera with no ability to send it to anyone. And come on apple wants everything done by them and fixed by them. really? People get pissed when we refer them to warranty when there phone has a mechanical defect. they are really gonna get pissed off when they have to be without a phone for at least 2 weeks. Come on the regular consumers are the ones that want the pearl cause it looks "cool" They get scared when you offer them the bis plan. When we try to sell them the data plan for tehe iPhone there gonna get all freaked out too. The iphone has neat browser, but come on its just not a blackberry. BB RULES!
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

So much love and hate. Whats an iphone? hehehe

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Exactly!!!! But i work for the company so its hard to forget about it if its everywhere lol
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

I agrr but like you said its target would be what 15-25 age group. It qould be fun to pllay around with. But I'm with u my friend. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have to say first I haven't had a look at the iphone yet, but I haven't seen or heard anything yet about anything that would be above and beyond BB. BB Killer? I seriously doubt it. Palms were supposed to have that title circa 87XX as the newest BB, but it never happened did it? Though Apple are coming back with a vegeance these days aren't they? Bill Gates should've bought stock. Lol! Go BB! Beat iphone!

Smokem no está en línea Stack level 2

I for one will get my hands on one as soon as I can. Try it for a few minutes and then give it back....
    BB killer, no. Good marketing....yes!

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

I would wait for the second generations of iphones, they will be much more stable and have features like 3g most likely.

d8nnii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569098C

Whoa hey guys, what's all this rant about? U guys ain't gonna give any good impression to new members or guest here with all this racket. Cool down.

BB killer? Come'on articles, mags and newpapers gotta brag to make a living. Ya know.

Most of BB users are using BB for business and you guys should know that w/o new players in the market there wouldn't be competition and w/o competition there's no improvement. Who's to gain anyway, it's us the end users.

The evolution of technology is faster than what we can catch up. Now you may say that you're stick to BB but bear in mind that this is the first make of the iphone and who knows in the near future what the iphone is to become?

Personally I'm a dual OS user and both Win and Mac serve different purposes to me, although Win is more vulnerable to attacks and not "intuitive" as a Mac but I still love it!

Likewise, although this 8800 is my first BB and it has disappointed me as a business phone with no office suite, I still love it cause of the slim and lightweight body plus its push mail technology and qwerty keypad. I don't mind to carry both devices at the same time cause they serve different purposes but definitely not the first make of the iphone as it wouldn't quench my thirst for tech.

Apple: designer's realm
    MS: entertainment & office productivity
    BB: mobile business communication

See, they're just different. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~naughty naughty can't compare apples and oranges. No one has the proof that just because they are going to "get" the iphone that it will be better than their BB.once again you can't compare apples and oranges.they are nowhere near the same device and BB supporters should have no reason to get so hyped up about another new product on the market. I'm sure the iphone will be a great product along with most other apple products but its just not a phone for me

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast