Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Blackberry...iPhone, personal preferance and need will decide who purchases what. BB has the Lions share ... General Blackberry forum

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Re: VENTING about this iphone please read

Advertisement

Blackberry...iPhone, personal preferance and need will decide who purchases what.

BB has the Lions share of the business market and have a good grip on the niche market so far.

Apple has the niche market sewed up...that's a no brainer. So, the release of the iPhone won't hurt the BB market at all...there will be defecters who want the latest and greatest cool gadget as well as those who will have both!

Bottom line, the BB is too established, well respected and tried & true. The Berry isn't going anywhere but up!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I agree this probably isn't the phone for general coroprate people. But we also have to remember that technology is always changing. There are going to be more and more Iphone like phones hitting the market. Nobody is going to take our BB's away. I just don't really look forward to supporting the phone. All these butterfingers are going to be dropping them, scratching the screens. "I want a new phone". I've already gotten requests for Iphones. So far its been a resounding No from me. I say general user not in a corporate setting OK, but in an office, and in my line of work, construction sites, no way. I was thinking about the first post "Apple is known for the Ipod". I was thinking first Apple was known for computers, but probably if I asked someone on the street, "Apple?". They may respond with Ipod. Sorry, my little rant is done.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX
    ok where to start.
    revolutionary phone,internate,email or whatever.. ok. its running on edge. wheres the revolution? 2nd apple is known for an ipod. they make a good ipod. they should stick to that.
    That's brilliant reasoning. I guess before they released the iPod you would have said "Apple is known for Mac. They make a good Mac. They should stick to that."??

also.. about this people replacing there blackberries with i-phones? umm. last time i checked we have millions of buisness/corprate users.. what company wants there employees jammin along to an i-phone? or taking pictures? what company runs an i-phone server? oh im sorry none..
    Anyone shopping for a device and considering the iPhone versus the BB needs to do some more research. They're not competitive devices and it's highly unlikely that any business will find them suitable. That's not to say that the iPhone has no place in the market at all. Once again, by your reasoning there shouldn't be any wireless devices other than Blackberries. I certainly hope that you understand that not everyone has identical needs or wants (thankfully!).

who wants to clean the screen every ten minutes from fingerprints cause theres no keyboard. i dont know about you but i have larger thumbs then a stylus. lets think how that would be trying to bang out an email on a touch screen key pad.?
    Have you actually used the iPhone's touch screen or are you just assuming that all your criticisms are valid? I really don't understand why people feel the need to criticize something that they have never had personal experience with...

no 3rd party apps.
    no 3rd party themes.
    no aim
    Not everyone needs these...

this phone is going to be braught by people between the ages of 15-25. cause its the new gadget that looks cute but really does nothing other then cause hype and make kids start saving for the 600 price tag.
    Anyone who wants an iPod and phone in one device will buy this, regardless of age bracket. It does plenty for most average Joes out there. Not everyone buying a wireless device is a business user.

If you don't want it then don't get it... Why do you need to rant about it? Do you rant about every single product you don't buy? I certainly don't have that much time on my hands.

There's definitely a niche for the iPhone IMO but if you don't "get it" then don't get it...

Having more choices is always better. Can you imagine if we all had to buy the one car that you approved of??
    Last edited by takeshi; 03-20-2007 at 11:54 AM.

aikenben no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DEAC76

@takeshi: I think you hit on what I mentioned (probably not as clearly ) very well. It'll be a wonderful device in it's own way, but I just don't see it being a practical replacement for me as it's really not designed to perform like a Blackberry. Like you said, people comparing the two to decide which is a better purchase for their business needs are confused...

kunalakajim no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    214EFD7A

i phone will be just a consumer phone, business minded people wont ever buy. even someone on BIS wont ever do...

BB Rules...
    Better Times Ahead

Jim
    PIN - 2052B397
    Email - kunalakajim@gmail.com

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't rant and rave about all products I'm ranting and raving about 1 and what I'm reading all over the place that this iphone is a "blackberry killer" that this iphone is going to make bb stocks go down.and yatta yatta. And my point is. Its not a comparable device. Nore is it breakthrew. And I got sick of reading about how this "revolutionary phone" is gonna close down the market.
    Its like comparing apples and bricks. There's no competition in a corprate market or between these two phones.

onlindis10 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3019477D

BusinessWeek raised a number of the same issues shortly after the iphone was announced and everyone looked at the BlackBerry in horror. The corporate world will continue to embrace BlackBerry devices or similar products. The iPhone will likely find its home in the consumer market. Now BlackBerry competing in this market, different users, different needs, different story.

crystalized no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Bill Gates needs his a*s in everything...
    He needs to start giving his money away...
    who needs to be a billionaire, its quite pointless!!!
    Screw the iPhone... I think it's kinda ugly & pointless
    and you guys are right... they should stick to macs & ipods... Ugh!!!

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Haha. This is a cool thread!
    I really don't think the iPhone is in competition with BB. It will have another nitch and it will succeed. Back when Steve and Steve made their first personal computer, the competition said people would never use computers in the home. Then the iPod came along and people said "big deal". They were all wrong. Apple knows how to design and market products and the iPhone will be a hit but BB has nothing to worry about. They are enlarging their market and making the BB more attractive to more people. There's room for both.

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Quote Originally Posted by crystalized
    Bill Gates owns Microsoft, not Apple.

onlindis10 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3019477D

Well if Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak of Apple or Bill Gates and Paul Allan from Microsoft want to give any of their money away, I don't mind stepping up and helping a fellow human being. Just send the cash my way.

PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by crystalized
    thank you sweety... you read my mind.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't rant and rave about all products I'm ranting and raving about 1 and what I'm reading all over the place that this iphone is a "blackberry killer" that this iphone is going to make bb stocks go down.and yatta yatta. And my point is. Its not a comparable device. Nore is it breakthrew. And I got sick of reading about how this "revolutionary phone" is gonna close down the market.
    Its like comparing apples and bricks. There's no competition in a corprate market or between these two phones.
    I agree but all you can do is get used to it. "Blackberry killers" get released all the time and have been for years. The phrase is pretty meaningless (other than "something with a qwerty keyboard") these days.

Apple has introduced some potentially good interface ideas. However, honestly, there are very few revolutions depsite what people like to claim. Still, whether it's competition to the BB or not adnd whether it's trully innovative or not, the iPhone will make a significant impact on the market. Apple at least knows how to make things look pretty and then push them to market with their hype machine.

Tedium no está en línea Stack level 1

The iPhone is for Democrats.
    The Blackberry is for Republicans.

(snicker)

PIN/ID
    ask me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~haha.. I'm a private party. I vote blackberry for president. At least then well get things done right and sufficiant in an organized mannor

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast