I tried searching and could not find any answers...pretty much anywhere, so here goes. Here's ... General Blackberry forum

xenoaxe no está en línea Stack level 1

Using your BB's SIM card in an Aircard

Advertisement

I tried searching and could not find any answers...pretty much anywhere, so here goes.

Here's my question. I recently was told from an AT&T rep that if you put in your sim card from your phone into an aircard for your laptop, data services would not work. I didn't believe him. So i purchased a 3G aircard, threw my 8310's 3G sim card into it, configured the connection for wap.cingular instead of isp.cingular and bam, on the internet surfing at about 3mb, pretty fast!! So, obviously this works and AT&T lied to me, I figure if I'm paying for unlimited data through BIS, I should be able to browse as much as possible right? So that's what I'm doing. The huge question is, will they charge me? Technically this is NOT tethering as I am not even using my phone (as a modem, or gateway), but my unlimited data services from my plan and the sim from my existing line. I won't bother calling AT&T since the original rep told me this wouldn't even work.

Keep in mind this is just like putting your sim card in another phone such as a blackjack or another bb and the data works just fine......

So what do you guys think??

synthalo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c93ad
    i have heard of horror stories where people got charged doing things like that but from what you say it sounds like you should be ok. i have tmo and i know if i do that there isnt a problem.

xenoaxe no está en línea Stack level 1
    any other takers?

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    I think ur gonna get a big bill. You should have a way online to track the data usage, log in to ur account and look, if not...uh good luck. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~