Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

thats true but idk i think it would be a good i dea also... General Blackberry forum

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

Advertisement

thats true but idk i think it would be a good i dea also

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    I think we'll see thumbprint or eye recognition before this although I think this could be nice!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

danoneil15 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~great idea

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Count me out. The security phrase I record in my living room while watching an old episode of Star Trek will certainly not work whilst trying to repeat it with my truck's diesel engine running.

Ever try to make a phone call outside the environment in which the voice recording was made?

cookieberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Exactly Sirthinks ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RadDuke no está en línea Stack level 1

Question

Wouldn't be too good for security would it? Also what if I have a cold and don't sound like me? Are we talking about voice activated standby like voice dialing or are we talking voice print security?

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    I think having this option to unlock our blackberry would be great. Pressing one of the shortcut key then saying any word/s that you would like to use to unlock your device. What do you guys think?
    I think this would be a wonderful enhancement to a blackberry. But rather than worrying about a magic word, how about voice analysis? I would expect that since it is a Blackberry, it should have software "hefty" enough to analyze my voice, and know mine from a strangers. Yes, I know we are talking about expensive software. Here's how I see it; if the new "Tilt" (AT&T) with Windows Mobile 6 *gag* can listen to and identify a song using just 10 seconds of audio that is being played in a truck with the windows down on a freeway, I would expect my Curve could handle it too. Okay so in all fairness it does take about 30-45 seconds to analyze the audio of the song because it sends it through 3G to servers to ID the music playing. But I believe that if the audio sample that needs to be matched is encrypted on the blackberry's memory, then it should be quick!

It would be handy I suppose if we're just talking concept for locking/unlocking the keyboard. The feature just might trump the touch slide unlock feature of the iPhone. (I lothe the iPhone, so don't hit reply too quick lol)
    --
    Walt

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    i think the finger print thing would be awesome!... when you want to unlock it just hold your finger on the screen and wait half a second and there you go. i had this with my lap top before they started to put them on every single laptop made these days. it was nice because you could use your credit card that way, user name and passwords, and other great features. i think the finger print reader would be way better instead of voice because of the above issue stated about sound quality around you and such. another interesting feature would be to have the BB analyze the voice of someone your talking to to see if they are lying.... wont that be crazy.

joeant no está en línea Stack level 1
    that would be an amazing option
    i always lock my ph since i carry it in my pocket. unlocking it with just a voice prompt would save a lot of button life.

sk8shopr no está en línea Stack level 1

joeya7x no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    244887A5
    Well so many people are talking about audio quality problems, well in addition to that you are forgeting the security risk, I mean its not that hard for the person next to you to hear your passcode and use it when u are not looking. So in order for something like that to work, it would require some sort of advanced voice pitch analysis.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea that would be great but i heard a rumor they are trying to make a fingerprint unlock for the 9000 series with its touch screen. that would be amazing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12