Can someone give a good example of using the Task application? Just can't seem to ... General Blackberry forum

SiNJiN no está en línea Stack level 2

Using Task examples?

Advertisement

Can someone give a good example of using the Task application? Just can't seem to understand why it's so similar to the Calendar reminder. Maybe someone that uses this app on a daily basis can give an example? I've been trying to get used to use it, but it just doesn't seem right.

Thanks!

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I don't use it but wanted to ask about your name?

Is that a LOST reference or your actual name?
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I use Tasks all the time. For example, I'll make my self a task in the evening to remind myself to call a vendor, or to work on someone's computer, or reboot a server in the evening after everyone is gone. It's something I need to remember to do, but doesn't have to be done at a particular time like a scheduled meeting.

It's kind of like a grocery list of things to do. Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    I use Tasks all the time. For example, I'll make my self a task in the evening to remind myself to call a vendor, or to work on someone's computer, or reboot a server in the evening after everyone is gone. It's something I need to remember to do, but doesn't have to be done at a particular time like a scheduled meeting.

It's kind of like a grocery list of things to do. Make sense?
    So, it's just something you need to check every once in a while to see if you've done what you needed to get done...Okay....I get. Just need to check it once in a while to see if I've done what needed to be done, but without time restraint. Alright, now I can start using it! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TNgal22 View Post
    I don't use it but wanted to ask about your name?

Is that a LOST reference or your actual name?
    LOST reference...as in the TV show? No, I don't watch that show.

I just put the word SIN and my name JIN together. nothing special. just rhymed.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SiNJiN View Post
    So, it's just something you need to check every once in a while to see if you've done what you needed to get done...Okay....I get. Just need to check it once in a while to see if I've done what needed to be done, but without time restraint. Alright, now I can start using it! Thanks!
    You can set reminders too....for instance, if I need to reboot a server in the evening, I'll set a reminder for say 8:00 pm, figuring everyone will be logged out by then. If I can't get to it right then, or people are still logged in, I'll snooze the reminder.