Ok im using ramble the service works fine but if i leave it longed in ... General Blackberry forum

Will918 no está en línea Stack level 1

using ramble im on a nextel 7100i

Advertisement

Ok im using ramble the service works fine but if i leave it longed in and just holster my phone is there a way that a chime or ring or somthing can go off when i get an im cause i have noway of knowing please respond to this or drop me an email jcannon1984@yahoo.com or you can get me on aim my sn is numonstunn

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: using ramble im on a nextel 7100i

Quote Originally Posted by Will918
    Ok im using ramble the service works fine but if i leave it longed in and just holster my phone is there a way that a chime or ring or somthing can go off when i get an im cause i have noway of knowing please respond to this or drop me an email jcannon1984@yahoo.com or you can get me on aim my sn is numonstunn
    For some reason, the chimes are not very loud at all. And you can't set it through your Profiles either. You're better off using the vibrate setting for messages, that's the only way I found that I would know I had a message.

thx can I ask you another question I am trying to veiw a pic with music that my friend sent me and i can see the pic but no sound it is a gif image if ya need me to send it to you i will

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I don't know if the sound is actually attached to the pic...

But if someone sends an MMS of a pic or animated GIF, and a midi tone, it should play when you open the message. There is an option in settings for media reception for MMS, make sure that is set to Always. Also the 7100i will only play midi files, not asf, adp, mp3 or wav.

i checked the option for media reception and it is set to always so i guess it is in a format that i can play is there a way that i can find out what kind of sound that that file has?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Will918
    i checked the option for media reception and it is set to always so i guess it is in a format that i can play is there a way that i can find out what kind of sound that that file has?
    It would be one of two things, assuming it's in a format you cannot play, it will either show up in the message at the bottom as an attachment, and if you try to open it you can't. OR it simply will be parsed out in the message reception, and you'll never see it at all.