Currently more than happy with my 8320, I'm thinking of purchasing an 8120 for someone ... General Blackberry forum

betteronholiday no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Using BIS, can 2 phones access the same email account?

Advertisement

Currently more than happy with my 8320, I'm thinking of purchasing an 8120 for someone else, who could do with accessing the same email account as myself.

As I'm using BIS, would having email from the same account pushed out to two separate phones using different BIS accounts, interfere with delivery at all? My obvious concern is it would be delivered to one handset, but not the other, or worse still, not delivered at all.

Cheers.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hm. Good question! Has anybody tried this? It won't hurt to try it, I don't think. It should at least push to one device.

Are you using Outlook for this account on your PC? If so, make sure the settings are such that it stores a copy of the message on your ISP's server for at least a day to make sure there's enough time for it to propogate to both devices.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I tried this with my parents BBs, both BIS, and it would only go to one.

But if your email account has an auto forward option, you can set it up to auto copy/forward incoming messages to the @blackberry address on the second BB.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

troythompson1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245678A9
    Yes They Can Me And My Boy Share A Email Account For Business Purposes And When We Get A General Email We Call It Cause We Both Have Access To The Gmail Account

Both Our Bb Send Alerts

Yes It Possible To Have More Than One Bb Setup To An Email Account Cause The Account Info(email Account) Passowrd Doesnt Change Etc Etc.

Well, then it must depend on the type of account, it won't work on premium MSN accounts. I guess try it, and if it won't work then go for the auto forward option.
    Twitter? My Apps List

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    This will not work. Each BIS account is linked with just one BlackBerry via the IMEI & pin # as setup by your carrier when you purchased the data plan. (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    245678A9
    like i said if your using a general free account it works like gmail. me & my buddy right now share a gmail account and I know that works. we both get emails from the general or generic gmail.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    If you are using a web based Gmail account, there is a way. Each person must have their own gmail account/address. The BIS will send it to just one BlackBerry. If you go into settings (in gmail) and choose forward to, then enter you sons gmail address he will get a copy as well.
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

Concept Guest
    Yes it does work. I've had the same yahoo email account linked to two different phones and both received alerts when emails came in. I could open up the email on one phone and it would change status to read on the other. Then if I marked it unread, it would show as unread on the other. When the email was deleted from one phone it would delete off both of them.

For those who say it doesn't work, you might wanna do all of your research before you make false claims. It obviously works in some situations. It might not work in all situations but in some it does.

betteronholiday no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    This will not work. Each BIS account is linked with just one BlackBerry via the IMEI & pin # as setup by your carrier when you purchased the data plan. (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sure, but I'm talking about two separate BIS accounts being able to access the same one web based email account.

Just didn't want to purchase another phone, and not be able to use it for the purpose intended.

Anyhow, thanks all for the info.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    I've done this with Gmail and a POP setup, and it worked fine. It may not work with an IMAP setup though.
    JerryD

Quote Originally Posted by Concept View Post
    Yes it does work. I've had the same yahoo email account linked to two different phones and both received alerts when emails came in. I could open up the email on one phone and it would change status to read on the other. Then if I marked it unread, it would show as unread on the other. When the email was deleted from one phone it would delete off both of them.

For those who say it doesn't work, you might wanna do all of your research before you make false claims. It obviously works in some situations. It might not work in all situations but in some it does.

OK, calm down there concept, just for clarification, two BBs? You just said two phones. When my dad was using a BB and my Mom and HTC they would both get it, but when she switched to the curve, only one would.

When we put in a call to the carrier, we were told the email could only go to one BB even though they were two seperate BIS accounts. We had to go for the forward option.
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    245678A9

Thumbs up

Thank You Playboy For Stamping What I Said All Ready It Does Work Do Your Research Me And My Boy Sit Next To Each Other @ Work And For The Emails We Get He Says You Check Its Your Turn Lol

Concept Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    OK, calm down there concept, just for clarification, two BBs? You just said two phones. When my dad was using a BB and my Mom and HTC they would both get it, but when she switched to the curve, only one would.

When we put in a call to the carrier, we were told the email could only go to one BB even though they were two seperate BIS accounts. We had to go for the forward option.
    I am completely calm. It just erks me when people give out false info based off their personal knowledge and not facts.

Yes it works on two BB's. Two different BIS accounts, same web based email account. A yahoo account in my personal experience. I've done it on my curve and my wifes pearl. You can read, mark unread, and delete. Any action on one BB will cause the same action on the other BB.

But, this is a discussion forum, people bounce ideas and state their experiences. That doesn't necessarily make it false information, just sometimes incomplete. That's why we discuss, and people can say what works for them, and what doesn't. We are all here to learn from each other, nobody knows everything. Thanks for sharing what works for you, I'm sure it will benefit other users to know.
    Twitter? My Apps List