Hi All Here's a good brain teaser! Ive connected and backedup my 8120 BB loads ... General Blackberry forum

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822

USB Connection HEELLLPPPP !!!!!

Advertisement

Hi All
    Here's a good brain teaser!
    Ive connected and backedup my 8120 BB loads of times to my pc, tonight i thought i'd backup my BB but when connecting my laptop says that it doesn't reconise the software??? tried several things like rebooting my laptop, battery pull on my BB but still the same problem!?!?!?

Anyone have any ideas???

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I have had this issue also with vista laptop!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    256c5822
    I thought the same only thing is that I've used dm since being on vista?

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Me too. This just happened to me and have had vista even before I got my blackberry.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    stuart,
    Have you tried uninstalling DM and reinstalling? Which version of DM are you using, 4.3? Did you try a different USB port or are you always using the same USB port to connect?

PIN/ID
    256c5822
    I have uninstalled and reloaded the DM software but still nothing? And yes, i normally use one port but without thinking used another port but needless to say have gone back to the original with still no joy!?
    Ive also tried the lead in another pc and the same has happened???
    Do you think that i need to reinstall the BB Firmware ?????

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3
    Yes, Doughdaddy suggested an uninstall/reinstall of DM. If you haven't done that, give it a try.

I know that when I first connected my 8130 to my Vista laptop, it took it a while to find the drivers, but everything worked from that point onward. I haven't had any problems with the DM 4.3/Vista/8130 combo.

3CISS no está en línea Stack level 2

Tip#1

I run Vista 64-bit, and have experienced this myself (on my 32-bit Vista, not my 64). There are several options you can do to resolve this. As pointed out above, uninstall and reinstall the Desktop Manager. Vista has a habit of sometimes losing drivers for devices, most notably removable devices. When prompted, you can have Vista search your computer for the driver. When asked, navigate to \Windows\System32\DriverStore. This is where Vista stores all working (current and previous installed) drivers.

If the above does not work (as sometimes it doesn't: it is Winblows after all), completely uninstall all Blackberry software and DM, then reinstall all, including device OS. This will fix the issue. I know it's a pain, but so is using Windows.
    r00ted MT4G
    CBC

Helpful links
    UMA setup guide |

PIN/ID
    256c5822
    I've reinstalled the dm but with no joy
    The mad thing is that I've also got a pc with XP on it and the same is happening on that one!!
    I was going to reinstall the firmware on my BB can't as I can't connect. This is driving me mad!!! The worse part is that everything else works great on my BB

PIN/ID
    256c5822
    Just to say that I've got another 8120 and 8100 and both do connect to the laptop.

snoweey no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f389df
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~does the bb charge could be a bad usb port on the device I've seen that happen before. Which hopefully is not the case since that is hardware.

PIN/ID
    256c5822
    Yes it charges fine it even charges from usb cable off the laptop.? When pluged in just say not reconised??

PIN/ID
    256c5822
    Snoweey I think that you've just hit the bail on the head. I've just gently pushed the wires down on the BB usb connection and it worked!!!!! So problem now is do it continue with this BB or change it for the spare one that I have??