I received an e-mail on a secondary e-mail account through my blackberry. It appeared to ... General Blackberry forum

TazKristi no está en línea Stack level 1

Urgent - What does msg mean?

Advertisement

I received an e-mail on a secondary e-mail account through my blackberry. It appeared to come from a bb messenger contact of mine. He's in the military and due to what he does it's necessary to remove me from his messenger contacts from time to time. I've never seen this before though, what does it mean and is it from him? Thank you in advance for any help you can give!

Subject line:
    <$RemoveOnDelivery,SuppressSaveInSentItems> BLACKBERRYMESSENGERINVITESTAGE2

Body:
    ---------
    << no text >>

-------o-------
    60:AQEBAAEIBAACaRMUxwAACAEAAwAAAAQAAAUAAAYAAAcEACx TS28QAAAqAABQ

Ryo Misaki no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    237E0FA6
    It seems to be one of the messages generated by Blackberry Messenger. Like the ones to recover your Buddy List and such.
    It comes to an email associated with your phone, gets intercepted by BBM, and usually automatically deleted.

Sometimes it resides in the mailbox for whatever reason.

I'm not sure what that particular message does... "Invite Stage 2" seems to be a way of inviting someone to BBM through Email, perhaps?

That's the best I can guess, though.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Messages like these are usually used by BB Sync for mail accounts. It should auto delete on your mailbox. If not, you can do it - no harm done.