how can a software be loaded on net and downloaded through OTA on device , ... General Blackberry forum

xaurav no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20374F8B

Urgent:how can a software be loaded on ...

Advertisement

how can a software be loaded on net and downloaded through OTA on device , can some plez help
    let me explain i have a software size<120kbs , i want it to be loaded on net so 1 of my client could download it OTA to his blackberry, i have tried alot , kindly help

Treo700 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Urgent:how can a software be loaded on ...

Is it .jad or jar file? That's as good start. You could then post it to an ftp or public http for download.

PIN/ID
    20374F8B

it has .jad and .cod files i have also .jar file but what to do???

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

xaurav, do you have a BB friendly website that you could upload the Jad/jar files to using FTP? You client could then go to that site with his BB and install it from there. Chris should be along shortly and he can probably help more.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi xaurav, havent seen you in a couple weeks. Have you tried to load them to blackberry.co.nr? Not all hosts support .jad, .jar for ota, maybe yours doesnt.

PIN/ID
    20374F8B

ya man , i am busy with few projects of engineering , this is my final year , but , i just wanted to know name of host providing such a facility, that could allow files to be downloaded OTA

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

xaurav in order to allow others to download over-the-air you will need to do this.

Place all the .cod files onto the server. The .jad file is a package listing of all the files the OTA action will need to download-- so after you make .jad file set, do not change any filenames because they are all encoded in the .jad file. The number of .cod files depends on how many graphic elements your particular software has. Some of mine have 4 and some have 10 .cod files. You need them all, they are a set of files, with sequential numbers, that are broken up for downloading and reconstructed during OTA. They all need to be in the same folder on the server.

The server needs to have some things enabled. I know that Apache servers are the preferred ones. You also need a file to tell the server how to handle requests. This is a .htaccess file. Note there is nothing preceeding the initial "dot" in the filename. The file needs to have this contents (build with a text-only editor like Notepad):

AddType text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor jad
    AddType application/vnd.rim.cod cod
    AddType application/java-archive jar
    AddType audio/adpcm adp

This file needs to be in every folder you create on the server with .jad and .cod files. Again, the file name is everything inside the quotes ".htaccess".

Hope this helps? Let me know if you need additional tips?

Note: If you can't get things to work i could post your software on my site and allow for the ota downloads if you wish. I have several things posted for ota downloading and adding one more would be easy.

PIN/ID
    20374F8B

thx for the help sir , thats worths alot