Hey, I have had a personal blackberry on BIS for a few years now, but ... General Blackberry forum

kadeshack no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Upgrading to 4.5 Question

Hey, I have had a personal blackberry on BIS for a few years now, but my job just gave me a brand new 8820, so I am getting rid of my old one. With my old device (Red 8310), I upgrade to the 4.5 OS because I liked the L theme, the browser, and everything else....but now the 8820 I have is back on a 4.2 or 4.3 OS. My question is can I upgrade the OS myself via desktop manager, or do I have to try to get the tech people at my firm to upgrade it (or the whole system???)? Thanks in advance for any help (and sorry if this has been asked already, I did a couple of searches and found nothing).

devilsadidas no está en línea Stack level 3
    you can have them do an over the air sync, delete service books out of your bb then your bb will act just like its on the bis to you computer. once you have updated the os call you help desk and have them reopen your seat on the BES and you'll be right back up and running. this may not work in all cases but thats what i did with mine and it worked flawlessly a few times on diff bb's.