Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a Sprint 8830 that I just upgraded to 4.5 (Sprint official release). The ... General Blackberry forum

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Upgraded to 4.5, lost my ringtone!

Advertisement

I have a Sprint 8830 that I just upgraded to 4.5 (Sprint official release). The ringtone I used to use was "classic phone", as it was easy to determine if my phone was ringing from accross the room. However, upon completing the upgrade I go into the menu to set "classic phone" and I thought all was good. NO! For some reason, the "classic phone" ring they include in 4.5 totally sucks! Its roughly half the volume of the previous version, and it sounds very 'tinny' and anemic. Whereas I used to hear my phone from another section of my office before, now I can barely hear it if its in my pocket! Does anyone know where to find the OLD version of this ringtone so that I can download it?

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Hmm, don't think you can get that back...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    Hmm, don't think you can get that back...
    Since the ringtons are simple AAC/mp3 files, I suppose I could download a new one. However that would entail searching around for one, downloading a bunch of them, and testing each on on the phone to see how it sounds. If anyone has an 8830 (NOT running 4.5) and wants to email me the ringtone on their device let me know!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Got another bad news for ya... Files that are built in cannot be transfered and don't have the option to email them etc...

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I did a search but came up empty. I know I saw some somewhere, just....wait, may edit. I remember the ringtone thread in the multimedia forum. Some cat had a site in his post where he had a lot of old tones. Remember it had old phone tones. Now if I can find it. Thread is like 40 pages or so.

First post, dunno if its in the zip. Still looking.
    http://forums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=40493

Try here. A lot of older ringtones etc. User on forums site. Finally found about 40 pages in. Good luck.
    http://www.4shared.com/dir/1307542/2d800de3/sharing.html
    Last edited by jfcooley; 03-16-2009 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    Got another bad news for ya... Files that are built in cannot be transfered and don't have the option to email them etc...
    Thats unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I did a search but came up empty. I know I saw some somewhere, just....wait, may edit. I remember the ringtone thread in the multimedia forum. Some cat had a site in his post where he had a lot of old tones. Remember it had old phone tones. Now if I can find it. Thread is like 40 pages or so.

First post, dunno if its in the zip. Still looking.
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f59/preloaded_bb_ringtones-40493/

Try here. A lot of older ringtones etc. User on forums site. Finally found about 40 pages in. Good luck.
    http://www.4shared.com/dir/1307542/2...3/sharing.html

Good work! I will check those out this evening and see if they have anything good.

The first is a zip called "original ringtones" or similar. The second has ring tones from motorola, nokia, blackberry. Should be something there.

pigigi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    That happened when my provider released it. It was taken offline real quick though and fixed. Doesn't make sense that they're still letting it out there. The issue can't really be fixed on the same os. You have to wait for them to update, if they do it.

pigigi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    If you want I can give you the site for my providers 4.5 download. It may work for you, both CDMA.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The reason the ringtones are not there is not an error or a glitch. It is simply that RIM has removed them as well as the sample video and default images in the 4.5 to free up space.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7

Smile Old Classic Phone Ring Tone

Quote Originally Posted by wifi4milez View Post
    I have a Sprint 8830 that I just upgraded to 4.5 (Sprint official release). The ringtone I used to use was "classic phone", as it was easy to determine if my phone was ringing from accross the room. However, upon completing the upgrade I go into the menu to set "classic phone" and I thought all was good. NO! For some reason, the "classic phone" ring they include in 4.5 totally sucks! Its roughly half the volume of the previous version, and it sounds very 'tinny' and anemic. Whereas I used to hear my phone from another section of my office before, now I can barely hear it if its in my pocket! Does anyone know where to find the OLD version of this ringtone so that I can download it?
    I have an old style ring tone mp3. If you want it, I will email it to you. Pin or email me with your email address and I'll send it. Dave
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    The reason the ringtones are not there is not an error or a glitch. It is simply that RIM has removed them as well as the sample video and default images in the 4.5 to free up space.
    Well its not that its not there anymore, they just swapped out the old rington with a really crappy newer version.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Dave to the rescue... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I tried. Hope you do find it. If not and I come across any others I'll try and let you know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast