Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I wonder why it cost so much more to upgrade to a certain phone when ... General Blackberry forum

deafcyclist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243F42A5

Advertisement

I wonder why it cost so much more to upgrade to a certain phone when it is currently on sale for much cheaper? even if we include another contract extension?

Like I had wanted to see if I could upgrade from the 8100 to one of the curve and it would've costed me a little more than $200 rather than the $150 that it was selling at at the time.

I really want to be able to upgrade from the 8100 to the kickstart but I'm worried that it would cost more than like $100 rather than the rumored $50 for me to upgrade. If I indeed will have the increased cost, I will just save up for a qwerty BB (possibly the Bold or Curve).

red_5 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well, for those who haven't seen this thread, this might solve most of my needs :-)

yesimag no está en línea Stack level 2
    I want gps and wifi too like everyone else, but I settled upon the 8120 thinking that I could just buy a bluetooth gps reciever and leave it in my car. They also make keychain sized ones if you see the need for having it on you at all times. Usually though for me, if I'm on foot I've got a pretty good idea of where I am (unless I'm drinking, then all bets are off.)

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by deafcyclist View Post
    I wonder why it cost so much more to upgrade to a certain phone when it is currently on sale for much cheaper? even if we include another contract extension?

Like I had wanted to see if I could upgrade from the 8100 to one of the curve and it would've costed me a little more than $200 rather than the $150 that it was selling at at the time.

I really want to be able to upgrade from the 8100 to the kickstart but I'm worried that it would cost more than like $100 rather than the rumored $50 for me to upgrade. If I indeed will have the increased cost, I will just save up for a qwerty BB (possibly the Bold or Curve).

Upgrade pricing is just a convinience the carriers provide to convince customers to stay in contract. You are already a customer of theirs so they don't have to provide as much of a discount to get the same return. On a new customer they use the lower price as an incentive to have them switch carriers or activate new service. Sometimes you will find that you can get a better price on renewal because of a deeper rebate offer but it is rare. I do know that in our area, normally renewal price is about $50 higher than new before rebates.

Zo

deafcyclist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243F42A5
    so that mean I should expect a jacked up price should I want to upgrade to a kickstart?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Your price to upgrade will be higher than new but lower than full retail. Depending on what rebates they make available and what deals RIM is running when they launch, you may end up paying the same thing after rebates as a new customer.

Zo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12