I have an 8310 with AT&T. Did the OS update to 4.5. Now I need ... General Blackberry forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

updating OS on two blackberries??

Advertisement

I have an 8310 with AT&T. Did the OS update to 4.5. Now I need to update someone else 8310 with AT&T to OS 4.5. Should I have any problems using the same computer and software I downloaded and used to do mine? Both mine and this other are 8310 with AT&T and I want to take them to the same OS. I'm thinking this should not be a problem but wanted to ask here so I could maybe head off any problems I might have before hand. Thanks for any help.

Lennox815 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20A71800
    No it would not be no problem. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    I update mutliple devices on the same pc all the time. the DM sees them by the PIN, so it will know they are different devices.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

mavericmechanik no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yea this is yet another great feature of the blackberry, as well as the desktop software, the fact that you can manage many different devices can me managed on the same computer. I have a laptop at work where if needed I can resync and even reload software for customers that have issues with their blackberrys. None of the devices had any issues at all from a conflict with a different device. Trust me when I say you have nothing to worry about.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    I have my laptop, PC, and work comp. all configured to work with my BB and the wife's
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    everything was fine just forgot to turn of the sync. Have mine set to sync when I plug the bb into in and I didn't want to do that. But other then that everything worked great.

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59
    This is a little out there but it happened to me and it is something to think about so I'll share it:
    If you've ever removed an IT policy by replacing it with a blank policy, and you didn't remove the policy from your computer and restore the registry settings, the moment you connect the second device the desktop manager will add that policy to the device and the firewall will be permanently enabled. With 4.5 and jl cmdr you can get around this, but should you ever decide in the future to downgrade the os to 4.2 I've heard the red lock will reappear.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Do it all the time here. I have a 7730, 7100t, 8100 and a 8120 all backed up to the same PC.