http://www.rimarkable.com/upcoming-b...8RIMarkable%29 "Word on the street is that the BlackBerry 9650 may be delayed because of ... General Blackberry forum

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3

Upcoming BlackBerry 9650 Possibly Delayed, Called Bold Instead Of Tour

Advertisement

http://www.rimarkable.com/upcoming-b...8RIMarkable%29

"Word on the street is that the BlackBerry 9650 may be delayed because of software issues. The device might also be called the Bold as compared to the Tour.

Some Verizon stores did get the 9650. They were sent back for “updates”. Verizon won’t release the 9650 until the official OS 5.0 arrives for the Tour 9630. The Sprint 9650’s are having WiFi issues and Sprint is working that out. And at the end of the email he states: “it won’t be called the Tour 2. It’s the Bold 9650.

I wonder if the name Tour is being dropped because of all the issues with the trackball on the Tour 9630 whereas the reputation of the Bold is pretty solid?"

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    That news is a little disappointing to me. The "Tour 2" was very likely my next upgrade. Now that I hear "problems" I'm a little put off and not likely to go for it. What now?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Yea, I agree...I can care less about the name change, but the problems are concerning

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    But, Bold ? Bold II, Bold III and so forth...it´ss like the "Rocky" film series...
    Lack of imagination !

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have to agree to an extent but mfgs can go name crazy too. Like eyecon82, I don't care what they call it as long as it comes out soon and isn't a dud!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I have to agree to an extent but mfgs can go name crazy too. Like eyecon82, I don't care what they call it as long as it comes out soon and isn't a dud!
    I concur j, but BB wise I'm waiting on the new Pearl.
    Now news, tomorrow I receive the N900 from a Nokia retailer for a trial. It will be with me for 15 days. Have an option to purchase, unlocked, at a 30% rebate.
    I will be posting my impressions...

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Well guys just to clarify there's no delay in something that has yet to be announced, so to say, there's never been an official release date established so no way to say has been delayed....

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I kind of agree the name "Bold" has been a good one for a solid reliable RIM device. Maybe they are going to build on that? IDK......

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    I did not believe it until today when the major sites confirmed it! The Tour2 WILL be called the Bold 2 now.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-nam...d-9750-or-9650
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Well guys just to clarify there's no delay in something that has yet to be announced, so to say, there's never been an official release date established so no way to say has been delayed....
    well, there are many sources who said it was supposed to come out in early february, so it looks like it was delayed.....especially when units where already shipped to verizon and sprint

dimm0k no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sucks that there's going to be a name change... while I love my Tour, I feel peeved because it's as if RIM is discontinuing the Tour line.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I think the tour was just released during U2's tour back when it first was released which kinda makes sense to discontinue the series
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16