I have a BB 8800. I can open Excel attachments that i get in the ... General Blackberry forum

green_lover no está en línea Stack level 1

Unsupported media type:application/msexcel

Advertisement

I have a BB 8800. I can open Excel attachments that i get in the email. However, i browsed to our intranet and tried to open a link to an excel file and got the "Unsupported media type:application/excel" error.

Since i can open Excel (msexcel) attachemtns from my email, i think it probably is some setting int he browser.

Thanks,

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Unsupported media type:application/msexcel

It can't open the document through the intranet site b/c the site link is trying to run excel, which won't work on your BB. Thats the "unsupported media type:application"
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

green_lover no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you for your reply. It is appreciated.

The reason i am trying to access an Excel file through the intranet (wiki) link is because that file resides on the file server and i update it.

So i have 2 more questions:
    - is it possible to open an excel link from a browser
    - is there any other way to get the latest version of the file on BB (since i am not able to sync with USB very often)

Thanks.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Without getting a third party app that lets you open and edit MS office docs, I don't think you'll be able to do it. Even then, I am not sure if you could do it through a Browser.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.