Okay, I did a search on this and all I can find is that it ... General Blackberry forum

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Unregistering a used blackberry...

Advertisement

Okay, I did a search on this and all I can find is that it has to be done, not HOW to do it, so I'm asking...
    I recently purchased a VZW BB Curve from a friend of a friend, it was hers, not stolen, etc. Anyway, she's pretty much a computer/smartphone illiterate. She wanted it because she saw some celeb with a Curve. What I need are absolute step by step instructions for her. I've only done the device change thing and I *think* that unregisters the old PIN. If there's no new device, can you put "0" in for the new pin and unregister the old? I just hope she can remember her username and password... Any help is greatly appreciated. PIN msgs and PMs pertinent to this are fine.

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db
    Please clarify a bit of info. Are you trying to use it on your service? Is your service the same as her's? If it's on the same service (carrier) , and you put your SIM in it (assuming it is not CDMA) it should register to you automatically (if not, resend service books or change with an edit). I have no experience with CDMA, and won't be any help with this. If her phone is unlocked and not blocked, putting in your SIM should do the trick with a resend of service books. And someone please correst me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the PIN can be changed (again, I may be incorrect).

OK...after a re-read I see it's on VZW.... I don't have an answer.....
    Last edited by Papag; 06-21-2009 at 01:44 AM.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The original owner will need to call Verizon and release the device. All they need to do is say that they sold it and need to free it up. Once you have done that you will then need to use device switch wizard, as I believe you said you did. After making sure you have done both of these things register your device in hst routing tables and then log on to Verizon BIS site via your PC and it will say something like there is a new PIN associated with this device do you want to switch.

PapaG,
    Ah, to clarify, we are both VZW customers, she just got a different phone and sold her Curve to me. I believe the phone part of it would work but I wouldn't be able to use the BIS, whether being CDMA or GSM, as long as the ESN wasn't reported stolen.

ModernCowboy,
    Are you saying there is no way to unregister the device on the BIS site, that you HAVE to do it by calling Verizon?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatLoafT View Post
    PapaG,
    Ah, to clarify, we are both VZW customers, she just got a different phone and sold her Curve to me. I believe the phone part of it would work but I wouldn't be able to use the BIS, whether being CDMA or GSM, as long as the ESN wasn't reported stolen.

ModernCowboy,
    Are you saying there is no way to unregister the device on the BIS site, that you HAVE to do it by calling Verizon?
    If it is still listed on her account then yes. She will have to call and have them release it.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Have her call verizon and delete the email account associated with the device, also have them zero out the imei and pin. This is done through the bb admin site on verizons end. You need to talk to tech support so don't waste your time with cs. After that you'll be ablr to use it as you please.

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Have her call verizon and delete the email account associated with the device, also have them zero out the imei and pin. This is done through the bb admin site on verizons end. You need to talk to tech support so don't waste your time with cs. After that you'll be ablr to use it as you please.
    Finally got it done, she released the phone... again. I still could not do the BIS stuff, I took it into Verizon and I found a rep. that had some knowledge! Anyway, gave him my story, he checked to make sure it wasn't reported lost or stolen and just deleted the BIS account on it. I'm all good and stuff! Thanks to all the stackers!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Good deal glad you got it going!