anyone have experience with unlocking the 7100's running os 4.1? i cant get anything to ... General Blackberry forum

aosmith Guest

Unlocking problems: 7100g w/ 4.1

Advertisement

anyone have experience with unlocking the 7100's running os 4.1? i cant get anything to come up in 'settings' > 'options' > 'advanced options' > 'sim card'...am i looking in the right place? anyone?

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Unlocking problems: 7100g w/ 4.1

Quote Originally Posted by aosmith
    anyone have experience with unlocking the 7100's running os 4.1? i cant get anything to come up in 'settings' > 'options' > 'advanced options' > 'sim card'...am i looking in the right place? anyone?
    This is information I found, it may be helpful.

Below are the instructions from T-Mobile for the 7100 - just so everyone knows what the process is. Note that you only get 10 attempts to unlock before the SIM is permanently locked, so be careful - stop before step 5 unless you have an unlock code.

This posting does not include the unlock code - you will have to contact your carrier for this and they will send you the information or help you do this over the air. Note that both Cingular and T-mobile wanted to do this from a land line with your mobile available.

You can follow steps 1-4 without any danger to find out if your SIM is locked or not. If unlocked for T-Mobile, the Network is "inactive" rather than "active" in step 4.

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. Below you will see the Instructions for unlocking your Blackberry 7000 Series.

NOTE: If you receive an error message while performing the instructions below, stop. Please be aware that if an excessive amount of incorrect attempts are made, the phone will be permanently locked. Verify the IMEI by pressing *#06# and submit a new request. You have 10 attempts to enter the correct code.

To Unlock:
    1. On the Home screen, click the Tools icon. The Options screen appears.

2. In the tools screen, select the Settings icon.

3. Scroll to SIM Card and select it. You should see the phone number and the SIM ID number.

4. Type 'mepd' to display the first five levels of SIM locking. T-Mobile uses network locking so the Network should display Active. All other states should display Disabled

Please note: For the Blackberry 7100t you will hit the "P" twice when entering the 'mepd' and 'mep2' for steps 4 & 5.

5. Type 'mep2' to display the dialog box asking for the unlock code (Press the Alt + 2 key to get the number 2)

6. Input the SIM Unlock code (it will be 16 digits long)

7. Press ENTER and reboot handheld.

There is also a thread here on pinstack http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...unlocking+7100

aosmith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by msbrenda64
    This is information I found, it may be helpful.

Below are the instructions from T-Mobile for the 7100 - just so everyone knows what the process is. Note that you only get 10 attempts to unlock before the SIM is permanently locked, so be careful - stop before step 5 unless you have an unlock code.

This posting does not include the unlock code - you will have to contact your carrier for this and they will send you the information or help you do this over the air. Note that both Cingular and T-mobile wanted to do this from a land line with your mobile available.

You can follow steps 1-4 without any danger to find out if your SIM is locked or not. If unlocked for T-Mobile, the Network is "inactive" rather than "active" in step 4.

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. Below you will see the Instructions for unlocking your Blackberry 7000 Series.

NOTE: If you receive an error message while performing the instructions below, stop. Please be aware that if an excessive amount of incorrect attempts are made, the phone will be permanently locked. Verify the IMEI by pressing *#06# and submit a new request. You have 10 attempts to enter the correct code.

To Unlock:
    1. On the Home screen, click the Tools icon. The Options screen appears.

2. In the tools screen, select the Settings icon.

3. Scroll to SIM Card and select it. You should see the phone number and the SIM ID number.

4. Type 'mepd' to display the first five levels of SIM locking. T-Mobile uses network locking so the Network should display Active. All other states should display Disabled

Please note: For the Blackberry 7100t you will hit the "P" twice when entering the 'mepd' and 'mep2' for steps 4 & 5.

5. Type 'mep2' to display the dialog box asking for the unlock code (Press the Alt + 2 key to get the number 2)

6. Input the SIM Unlock code (it will be 16 digits long)

7. Press ENTER and reboot handheld.

There is also a thread here on pinstack http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...unlocking+7100

my 7100 that has 4.1 does not have the tools options, i can however get to the page 'sim card' page w/ 'id' and 'phone number'. typing mepd has no effect...

I have 4.1 and it works for me when I type mepd it gives me a screen that says sim card security disabled. Did you try what step 4 above says for the 7100t, the letter is just for the carrier. The steps under please note.

aosmith Guest

very very odd but the t-mo unlocking procedure is the only one that works on my cingular phone its unlocked now thanks guys!

very very odd but the t-mo unlocking procedure is the only one that works on my cingular phone its unlocked now thanks guys!
    You're welcomed! Glad it worked out!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

The procedure's the same for both devices. Did Cingular give you some instructions?

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Okay, I have a newbie question. What does unlocking the sim card do for you? Why is it something you would want to do?

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~