I see a lot of people here have unlocked phones and I must admit I'm ... General Blackberry forum

fxyb no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Really??

Unlocked phones?

Advertisement

I see a lot of people here have unlocked phones and I must admit I'm new to this. So my question is is it okay to buy an unlocked phone and is there anything that would interfere with me being on tmo and its a at&t phone. And if so what problems would I have.

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8
    Unlocked means that you can use any GSM carrier throughout the world. Just slip in the SIM and use. Rinse. Repeat. Enjoy.

Many phones only have 2 of the 4 GSM bands. But all Blackberrys have all the 4 bands. So if you are looking at an unlocked blackberry then you have nothing to worry about. If you are looking at a different kind of phone then you may have to look into it. BTW. Tmo and AT&T are 100% interchangeable (unlocked of corse). The bands come into play only if you are traveling overseas.

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    The only issue that I can think of would be being able to use an AT&T phone with a TMO MyFaves plan. I guess you could just manage it from TMO's site?

scotty9698 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    310cb6c5
    what about vzw would a unlocked phone help on that network since they are cdma

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~u can not unlock a vzw phone for those 2 carriers (att&tmo) I'm hoping u can the storm but we'll all just have to wait and find out

scotty9698 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    310cb6c5
    I knew you couldn't for those 2 carriers but would it help with the other carriers that are on the cdma network i think sprint and alltell are

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8
    No CDMA soft from carrier to carrier differs. Not inter operable.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Quote Originally Posted by wyy183 View Post
    The only issue that I can think of would be being able to use an AT&T phone with a TMO MyFaves plan. I guess you could just manage it from TMO's site?
    I have a at&t 8310 Unlocked & I can use the myFavs directly from the BB w/o any problems.

derekleeds no está en línea Stack level 1
    TMo Customers only,

If you would like to unlock your phone for free, yes free, go to the TMo website and do a search for it, when they don't provide the right answer, which there isn't a good answer on their website, post the question on their "send to customer service" or whatever and request that you would like your phone unlocked. I did this about a month or two ago. They will send you an email requesting some information about your account and phone type. They will respond to that reply with the instructions to unlock it step by step. It took a total of about a week I believe, but it was worth it. I used the phone in mexico with a prepaid card to see if it would work.

Any one,

Has anyone tried to use the WiFi in another country? Does it charge you data and minutes for useage when you have the UMA connected?

Just wondering.

Thanks