hayden i have to sarcastically thank you for setting me up for a downfall. i ... General Blackberry forum

Nah.uhh no está en línea Stack level 1

unlocked bb THANKS

Advertisement

hayden i have to sarcastically thank you for setting me up for a downfall.
    i unlocked all my blackberries to only find out that when you press ALT SHIFT DEL
    you recieve an error
    and mass storage mode wont work at all, device or media card...........

THANKS
    reload os's now.. hope it works..
    THANKS
    edit:
    anybody else

megabite no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ping
    Nah.uhh,

Just as an FYI, when you UNLOCK any cell phone (blackberry or not) you are deliberately braking the normal functioning of the phone and altering the manufactures guarantee that ensures this phone to work 100%.

Even if anyone suggests you to do this, or to upgrade your OS with another version that’s not provided and tested from you carrier, you are doing it at your OWN risk and these are some of the outcomes.

Let this serve to you as a lesson, to READ and investigate all side effects for anything and everything you do BEFORE YOU DO IT, and don’t place the blame on others that just want to help.

SFC Megabite!
    WHOA!
    ___
    SFC. Megabite

puppylove no está en línea Stack level 2
    Nah.uhh,

How many Blackberrys? I've unlocked an 8100, 8120, 8320, and a Motorola and never had a problem with one of them. Since you say you have a problem with "all" your unlocked Blackberrys (which sounds like more than 2 to me) maybe you consistently did something wrong.

Also, megabyte's right - especially with your 1st post, blaming someone else isn't the answer. Give us more information re: which devices, the OS involved, procedures you used, etc. and maybe we can help you resolve the problem.
    What goes around, comes around.

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind
    Well Said.
    Quote Originally Posted by megabite View Post
    Nah.uhh,

Just as an FYI, when you UNLOCK any cell phone (blackberry or not) you are deliberately braking the normal functioning of the phone and altering the manufactures guarantee that ensures this phone to work 100%.

Even if anyone suggests you to do this, or to upgrade your OS with another version that’s not provided and tested from you carrier, you are doing it at your OWN risk and these are some of the outcomes.

Let this serve to you as a lesson, to READ and investigate all side effects for anything and everything you do BEFORE YOU DO IT, and don’t place the blame on others that just want to help.

SFC Megabite!
    WHOA!

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind
    There are several stacker moderators on the stacks that probably know how to get past these set backs. Not a fall guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah.uhh View Post
    hayden i have to sarcastically thank you for setting me up for a downfall.
    i unlocked all my blackberries to only find out that when you press ALT SHIFT DEL
    you recieve an error
    and mass storage mode wont work at all, device or media card...........

THANKS
    reload os's now.. hope it works..
    THANKS
    edit:
    anybody else
    Last edited by jblackfish; 12-05-2008 at 04:37 PM. Reason: s

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Ya i've had all kinds of things happen while loading new os's......however there is always a thread on here with help for me.......hell the other day i bricked my 8310.....took a while but with alittle looking around all you guys helped me out.....and it's ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK. (thats what makes it fun) lol thanks to all

SaneinOne no está en línea Stack level 1
    Anyone know of a way to resolve the mass storage mode issue after using the mfi multiloader with the Bold? Thanks in advance!

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I can't believe you'd blame hayden(or anyone) for this.
    Hayden has helped me and tons of others with bb issues. If you would have spent time reading posts on this forum, you would have known, changes we make.. Are at our own risk. Thanks Hayden and all the Mods, for all the help you give all of us.

Lesa

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Ok, lets get back on track...

Just let us know how we can help and then we can point you in the right direction or trouble shoot the issues you're having.

We're all willing to help

All is well, someone here posted the fix for mass storage, which.. Nturn fixed the boot error
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    This is good info. Maybe I won't unlock my 8320. I was thinking about doing it before I put it up for sale. I thought having it unlocked might add value to it.

Using an unlock code to unlock you bb is 100% safe.
    Unlocking using haydens past suggested program (can I write the name?)to unlock is a different story.

One process will involve asking for a code and entering it and poof, unlocked.

The free method suggested was to use a rim product to remove the lock, whicj at the same time, disabled the mass storage mode, whoch causes a boot error.
    There is a fix here posted on the forums, so unlock away, its safe
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    It's very rare to brick a Blackberry, usually you can always bring a dead berry back. With the proper tools and advice 95% of the time it's resolvable.