how can i obtain unlock codes for the bb, and should i unlock mah bb ... General Blackberry forum

poetic_stud no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215a5bb1

unlock codes

Advertisement

how can i obtain unlock codes for the bb, and should i unlock mah bb 9700?
    rooted mt3g! gtalk me androidn3rd...looking to flash more roms the best ones of course who knows of any?

nickabis no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3054B974
    Check eBay, I bought my unlock code for about $1.50 for my storm. Hope this helps!

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Click -->HERE<-- for CellUnlock.net

Just a site where you can buy unlock codes from. Be sure to shop around.

I've used this site before (but I've never got one for $1.50... They are a bit more than that).

PIN/ID
    3054B974
    Yep on eBay, I got it for $1.40 and received the number either that night or the next morning. Hope this helps

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    is there any special reason you want to unlock? and you can always call your carrier and ask them for the unlock code...
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

PIN/ID
    3054B974
    Unlocking your blackberry allows you to use it on different carriers. I have a Verizon storm I unlocked so I can use it on At&t until I make the switch to Verizon. Most blackberry's have the option for a sim card so it can be used with different carriers. Another good reason, it ups the resale value if you want to cell your phone. A lot of carriers wont just give you the unlock codes, I tried a few different verizon stores, calling and asking.

MobiFan no está en línea Stack level 1
    There are a plethora of ways you can get a free unlock code for BlackBerry phones. I came across a site that is running a promotion and giving away free unlock codes for BlackBerry phones, however i'm not sure I am allowed to post details here and i'm new so don't want my account deleted before i've started. If Admin/Mods confirm I can post details I will.

BR

Des

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Below is the link MobiFan was talking of:

Here

The sad thing about this promotion is that people only go there to get the free code and dont even post in the forum. Oh well long live pinstack
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by nickabis View Post
    Unlocking your blackberry allows you to use it on different carriers. I have a Verizon storm I unlocked so I can use it on At&t until I make the switch to Verizon. Most blackberry's have the option for a sim card so it can be used with different carriers. Another good reason, it ups the resale value if you want to cell your phone. A lot of carriers wont just give you the unlock codes, I tried a few different verizon stores, calling and asking.
    None of the carrier stores will do it in store (they don't have access to them). The only way to get the code from the carrier is to call customer care. There are restrictions and they vary by carrier. Some only require you purchased the phone at full price, others require you be an existing customer in good standing for at least 90 days. When you call the carrier they can let you know what it takes.

As for your storm, as I understand from the numerous people we had come in and unlock the unit in our store, VZW will not unlock it unless you are an existing customer and have been for a long time period. They also require that you be on an existing data plan. I personally have not confirmed this info but take my customers' word for it.

Zo

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    Below is the link MobiFan was talking of:

Here

The sad thing about this promotion is that people only go there to get the free code and dont even post in the forum. Oh well long live pinstack
    That's not the site MobiFan was referring to, Jeff. We're still verifying the site.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Feel free to remove my post if it is not verified either
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    Feel free to remove my post if it is not verified either
    I meant verify in the sense that people have reported it to not be working. They're working on it.