Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Or you could do what I did to my 2nd Pearl. I let the battery ... General Blackberry forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: unethical I know but......

Advertisement

Or you could do what I did to my 2nd Pearl. I let the battery get close to dying. I then turned around and let my portable charger die. I then connected the Pearl to the charger to finish it off. Waited a few days and called T-Mo to get my last Pearl. I told them I tried to load the new OS (107) and that this failed and it was in a reset loop LMAO The sad part about that last sentence is that it was completely true. The OS did fry the thing LMAO
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 09-11-2007 at 03:09 AM.

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ OMG you guys are incorrigable! (Sp?) Anyway, have fun!

LOL I only did what I did because both Pearls went and deleted my entire address book and BlackBerry Messenger (a combined total of over 100 contacts) contact list after botched OS upgrades. What REALLY ticked me off was that Desktop Manager claimed my BB Messenger contacts list file was corrupt and wouldn't restore it.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 09-11-2007 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin
    I'm sure somebody could dig up a copy of an old 4.0 OS with some nasty memory leaks, we could load that on there to speed up the "slow down" process.

I couldn't find a page that had them on here unless I am looking in the wrong place but they have to be out there LOL

deepdish no está en línea Stack level 6

This is a tough one. Cuse if you do something to the phone to make it not work then you run the risk of having to buy the new one. Just hope that it stops working on it's own.

thepinpeople no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the 7520. When it broke they told me only a refurbished model was avaiable.

Find out before you bust yours!

crutcherk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3280610B

Be careful. The BB is a pretty reliable device. Management may "replace" more than just the phone if it mysterously starts to malfunction.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

did you ask for a new phone?

I guess you could perform an upgrade and do a battery pull halfway thru. i am sure that would mess up the phone proper. and the beauty is that it is not physical damage.

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ well, we'll all be experts on how to trash a BB when this thread finishes!

silverdreams no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240BB776

What makes you think they'll give you a brand new BB if the hand-me-down breaks? If they're giving you a hand-me-down in the first place, that suggests they're not interested in spending money on a brand new phone. If the one you have now breaks, they'll probably just give you another hand-me-down, or tell you to buy your own. When my dad's company-issued Palm was stolen (it fell out of his pocket in a movie theater, and when he realized it and went back to get it FIVE MINUTES later, it was gone!), they refused to replace it at all -- they told him he had to buy his own if he wanted another one (actually, my mom bought him the one he wanted for his birthday a couple weeks later).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12