I had problems today doing my sync with my contacts. So I did a battery ... General Blackberry forum

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Uncaught Java Error -NullPointerException - Address Book

Advertisement

I had problems today doing my sync with my contacts. So I did a battery pull after which I received the error "Uncaught Java Error -NullPointerException" I checked my ALT LG log and found the error is as follows:

S Java Exception-NullPointer Exception - Severe Error
    Address Book Collection

Is there a way to correct this without doing a wipe?

Thanks!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Can you restore from a recent backup?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

I have a Mac and use Missing Sync rather than DM - while I will have my contacts on Address Book I will lose all of my 3rd party apps, themes, etc.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Ouch. Are you able to use the BB at all? If so, then I'd say get on a PC and do a selective backup and skip the address book. Then when you do a wipe/restore, you can restore everything except the address book, thereby skipping the problem it's causing, and restore your contacts on your Mac. A bit complicated, but may be your best solution.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Yeah - the BB is operable, just receive the error when powering up and problem syncing. I may be able to try your suggestion, only prob is my only access to a PC is at work Don't know if I can install the DM there or not.

Grafixx01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B5F65E
    I'm sure work can get you a laptop or ask your IT guy and tell them that it's important. You'll need the drivers for it as well as DM. However, in DM, you CAN back up 3rd party applications and put them back on the device when you do a restore so you won't lose anything.