Does anyone have a good source for buying unbranded/unlocked phones never touched by a carrier? ... General Blackberry forum

ddaniels72 no está en línea Stack level 1

Unbranded BB Source

Advertisement

Does anyone have a good source for buying unbranded/unlocked phones never touched by a carrier? I'm tired of 2year contracts and the carrier software on phones. It seems to me that the overlay programs on phones are to the benifit of the carriers and not me and i'm looking for a way around it.

Is this the way to go?

Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3
    When you find the answer to this question let me know ASAP!!! I didn't know this could even be done. I always thought phone went to the consumer only through carriers.

I've seen a few on ebay (search unbranded / unlocked) and tigerdirect.com has some. but I would like to find some more if any one has some more sorces.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I buy quite a few unbranded unlocked phones. They are GSM only, thus you must be with either AT&T or T- Mobile.

They are usually drop shipped to me direct from Hong Kong. However that said, I have no source for unbranded BlackBerry's just other makes. I'm including two links that I use.

These are reliable sources that will sell you brand new phones of any make or model, factory fresh in the box. In most cases it's simply a matter of removing your sim, and installing it in the new phone.

Sometimes you may have to change some settings to work on your carrier, however I have not had that experience as I'm with AT&T.
    I've ordered over 60 phones this way and it's the best.

PhoneSource-USA

Plemix

Also, ddaniels, (since you said "phone" and not "blackberry") many manufacturers sell units directly to the public from their websites. I know Nokia does - I don't know if BlackBerry does, but it's worth a look

[quote=archer6;979742]I buy quite a few unbranded unlocked phones. They are GSM only, thus you must be with either AT&T or T- Mobile.

They are usually drop shipped to me direct from Hong Kong. However that said, I have no source for unbranded BlackBerry's just other makes. I'm including two links that I use.

These are reliable sources that will sell you brand new phones of any make or model, factory fresh in the box. In most cases it's simply a matter of removing your sim, and installing it in the new phone.

Sometimes you may have to change some settings to work on your carrier, however I have not had that experience as I'm with AT&T.
    I've ordered over 60 phones this way and it's the best.

Archer,

Thank you very much this is exactly the kind of site i was looking for.

David