This is most likely an easy fix (but four some reason, not for me...) I ... General Blackberry forum

debg no está en línea Stack level 1

Unable to unlock handheld

Advertisement

This is most likely an easy fix (but four some reason, not for me...)
    I have been attempting to unlock my phone and my password happens to be all numbers...somehow the keypad is locked in as all letters. I can't get it to change back to numbers and already am on my 5th log in attempt....thanks in advance for any help!

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Re: Unable to unlock handheld

Have you tried to hold down the ALT button then type the password?

debg no está en línea Stack level 1

when i hold the alt button in the right hand corner it changes from the letter icon (abc) to the number icon, but when i attempt to put the pass word in, it doesn't work...now it says "enter blackberry to continue" when I enter blackberry, it doesn't let me enter the "y" and asks if i am sure i want to make an emergency call...
    Last edited by debg; 09-21-2007 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by debg
    when i hold the alt button in the right hand corner it changes from the letter icon (abc) to the number icon, but when i attempt to put the pass word in, it doesn't work...now it says "enter blackberry to continue" when I enter blackberry, it doesn't let me enter the "y" and asks if i am sure i want to make an emergency call...
    What model BB are you using? Have you done a recent backup?

While holding the CAP key, press the ALT ket. CAP is just to the right of space, and ALT is bottom left hand corner. (ALT is not on the right -- ). That will set your NumLock and you should be good.
    Last edited by Mark Stone; 09-22-2007 at 10:54 AM.