My company is having a rash of people contact the support center saying that they ... General Blackberry forum

sugarbutt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241CF1B5

Question Unable to delete specific messages

Advertisement

My company is having a rash of people contact the support center saying that they can't delete messages from a specific date. We can't seem to link it to a specific model of blackberry, specific carrier, specific date or specific BES server. A colleague contacted RIM and they haven't had any other reports like this. It seems to have started in May. Also it doesn't appear to be linked to an upgrade because there have been various OS. The only resolution we have found is wiping the device and reactivating it on the BES. Just wondering if anyone on here has experienced anything like this?

pistollpiet no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e9f42e

Re: Unable to delete specific messages

I know that if you hold the caps lock it will let you scroll through and select a list of things... That's how I would try it

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Yup. Check RIM's knowledgebase for alternatives to wiping the device which is the heavy-handed approach.

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i had the same problem a few weeks ago and really could not sort without a wipe. I traced it to users having added personal BIS account and that had thrown out their reconciliation. I would check this as a possible

sugarbutt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241CF1B5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ thanks, we did try everything we could short of a wipe before finally having to do the wipe. I even tried backing one up and wiping it then loading the back up. Same problem so I was thinking it was tied to the messages? That is just a guess though.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by sugarbutt; 05-31-2007 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Automerged.