So I'm trying to set up my BB to sync emails, address book, calendar etc ... General Blackberry forum

GrizzLee2807 no está en línea Stack level 1

Unable to sync emails between BB on BIS plan and Outlook 2007

Advertisement

So I'm trying to set up my BB to sync emails, address book, calendar etc with outlook 2007.... I expected that once the Desktop manager was up and my BB connected via the USB, the synchronize option would update them all automatically but that's not happening. The contacts and calendar entries seem to be updated without any problem but not the emails at all... The "reconcile emails" option in Synchronize in the Desktop manager is greyed out for starters and I can't seem to change that... If that were changed, would that correct my problem? If so, how do I do this and if not what will allow me to synch my emails? Items deleted on my device, still appear in my inbox of my outlook and vice versa and it is proving to be a serious problem... PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I'm giving this a bump so that people can see this problem.

I recall someone having this problem and I think they tried to re-send their service books to their phone. Not sure if that worked but I remember someone suggesting it.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    As far as I know, on BIS Email, ync is NOT possible with Outlook, whatever the software version. Only on a BES with Microsoft Exchange Server.
    Only POP or IMAP is possible on BIS.
    Also, pls corect me if I am wrong!

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    You can configure what gets synced to your device. One first setup there is options to sync calander, mail, and contacts. double check the setup and see if it sending your email.

DM 5.0+
    Plug your Device in
    Hit Synchronize
    On the left side under configure hit synchronization
    Then hit the synchronization button
    From Here you can configure you synced objects

Delfim,
    You are correct you cant sync an outlook email on BIS. But he is using a USB cable to sync
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Wow this is news... How?

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm with delfim........if you are already getting your outlook email's via BIS, what on earth would you be getting by syncing email's via DM???

When I sync with DM I get calendar and contacts........I get my email's via BIS.

Please correct me if I am misunderstanding the OP.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...or there is some confusion with all this ! The Outlook profile in the sync programs of Windows Mobile, as well as Symbian and others, offer the possibility of the user to sync the e-mail folders of Outlook.
    The DM of BB on BIS settings don´t offer this option at all...regardless of how good the USB connection may be... (excuse me for this comment... !)
    Btompkins0112 hits the nail on the head when he questions the added, and unnecessary task, of having the need to sync the Outlook mail. Double or triple work ? Sucker for punishment ?
    Grizlee2807 just has to read, reply, delete or whatever is necessary on the Outlook mail. It does not affect what goes on between his BB (BIS) and the server he has his mail on (Google, MSN or whatever) - sync is done automatically everytime he performs these functions on his BB (here the options are readily available with choices). The option of accessing the mail accounts directly ( GMail, Yahoo etc), and in there, choosing your options, also permits multiple sync solutions with the BIS on BB.
    I hope this is clear.