Can anyone tell me what is UMA n y i keep getting it on m ... General Blackberry forum

sorash@aol.com no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2896B648

Uma

Advertisement

Can anyone tell me what is UMA n y i keep getting it on m y baby? thx.

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    UMA is when you connect to the your carrier thru WiFi.
    Here is a quick explanation:

Unlicensed Mobile Access or UMA, is the commercial name of the 3GPP Generic Access Network, or GAN standard. GAN is a telecommunication system which extends mobile services voice, data and IP Multimedia Subsystem/Session Initiation Protocol (IMS/SIP) applications over IP access networks.
    The most common application of GAN is in a dual-mode handset service where subscribers can seamlessly roam and handover between local area networks and wide area networks using a GSM/Wi-Fi dual-mode mobile phone. GAN enables the convergence of mobile, fixed and Internet telephony, sometimes called Fixed Mobile Convergence.
    The local network may be based on private unlicensed spectrum technologies like 802.11, while the wide network is alternatively GSM/GPRS or UMTS mobile services. On the cellular network, the mobile handset communicates over the air with a base station, through a base station controller, to servers in the core network of the carrier. Under the GAN system, when the handset detects a LAN, it establishes a secure IP connection through a gateway to a server called a GAN Controller (GANC) on the carrier's network. The GANC translates the signals coming from the handset to make it appear to be coming from another base station. Thus, when a mobile moves from a GSM to an 802.11 network, it appears to the core network as if it is simply on a different base station.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Dude that's WIFI, if you're getting this on your berry without manually connecting to a router then you're probably near a mall, starbucks, or a bookstore that gives it to you free.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Whoops, not fast enough
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

DiamondD2506 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    *Ask*

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rpol8052 View Post
    UMA is when you connect to the your carrier thru WiFi.
    Here is a quick explanation:

Unlicensed Mobile Access or UMA, is the commercial name of the 3GPP Generic Access Network, or GAN standard. GAN is a telecommunication system which extends mobile services voice, data and IP Multimedia Subsystem/Session Initiation Protocol (IMS/SIP) applications over IP access networks.
    The most common application of GAN is in a dual-mode handset service where subscribers can seamlessly roam and handover between local area networks and wide area networks using a GSM/Wi-Fi dual-mode mobile phone. GAN enables the convergence of mobile, fixed and Internet telephony, sometimes called Fixed Mobile Convergence.

Damn babe...you should just apply for an administrator position!! Lol
    *CLASSY, not TRASHY*

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    lol