Do you get charged for txt messaging out of network with txt message plans that ... General Blackberry forum

tundra no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F50D92

txt messaging

Advertisement

Do you get charged for txt messaging out of network with txt message plans that verizon and cingular offer? I use both companies for cell service but figured I would go with the cheapest of the two. If you still get charged for texting out of network I think I will forget it totally. TYIA!

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: txt messaging

Tundra,

Cingular as far as i know says the following:

Roaming: Roaming charges for wireless data or voice service may be charged with some plans when outside AT&T’s wireless network. Display on your device will not indicate whether you will incur roaming charges. Services originated or received while outside your plan’s included coverage area are subject to roaming charges. Use of Services when roaming is dependent upon roaming carrier’s support of applicable network technology and functionality. Check with roaming carriers individually for support and coverage details. Billing for domestic and international roaming usage may be delayed up to three billing cycles due to reporting between carriers.

I can't say for Verizon but are you out of the coverage area a lot?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ This should no longer be a problem now for Cingular as they have unlimited texting.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

Wow - that really sucks! That sealed my decision to not bail out on TMobile and go to Cingy just for the Curvey! Besides good things come to those who wait right? Still hurts to wait that long though- hehehe

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    23F50D92
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ This should no longer be a problem now for Cingular as they have unlimited texting.
    Correct but wasn't looking to do the unlimited plan just the starter 200 txt plan for 4.99. Even then does that mean in network only? Also no I am not usually out of the calling network I do not believe. Still curious though.

Well as long as you are seeing EDGE at the top of your home page on your BB you in the network. Out of network would show GSM it has happened to me when i was in a dead spot before.

As for the Unlimited Messaging option from AT&T isn't it only to AT&T customers? That is how I understood it or did they change it?
    Last edited by Felixtc; 06-05-2007 at 03:02 PM.

I guess they did change it:- For $19.99

Messaging Unlimited
    You have the freedom to message any way to any one - text, picture, video and IM - without worrying what each message costs. That means every message counts the same. You can send and receive ANY combination of messages. Want to send all picture messages? No problem. All IMs? Go ahead and chat away - send and receive messages for less than pennies per day!

PIN/ID
    23F50D92
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixtc
    I guess they did change it:- For $19.99

Messaging Unlimited
    You have the freedom to message any way to any one - text, picture, video and IM - without worrying what each message costs. That means every message counts the same. You can send and receive ANY combination of messages. Want to send all picture messages? No problem. All IMs? Go ahead and chat away - send and receive messages for less than pennies per day!
    Yep just seen that on cings website that goes for the 4.99 plan too. But m skeptical cause no where do they mention to other networks. Then you find out when its to late. Best bet may be for me to call them up. Even then I'm not sure lol.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Felixtc
    Well as long as you are seeing EDGE at the top of your home page on your BB you in the network. Out of network would show GSM it has happened to me when i was in a dead spot before.
    EDGE versus GSM only indicates whether you're getting data coverage or not. It doesn't tell you anything about whether you're roaming or not -- you have to look at the mobile operator name at the top of your home screen for that.