Hello, New to the Blackberry after using various Windows Smartphones/PDA Phones and Palm Treos in ... General Blackberry forum

mrnovack no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Question Two Phones with One Computer

Advertisement

Hello,

New to the Blackberry after using various Windows Smartphones/PDA Phones and Palm Treos in the past. I do miss some of the features and the screen input, but after a week of Blackberry use it's hard to pass judgment and the smaller form and easier email function of the Blackberry Pearl are looking good and will likely get better as I get more familiar with the Blackberry. Many great tips on this site so far...

I have 2 cellular lines, one for personal/full-time job and the other for a business I own. Right now I am using the Blackberry (Pearl 8100) for one line with BB Data Plan and a Treo for the other line. I am looking to get another Blackberry for phone use only as to keep it simple and use only on OS for both phones. A couple of questions:

1. Can I synchronize both phones off of the same computer without any problems and how about using the same Outlook data? With the Treo phones I was syncing 2 Treos and a Palm TX without any problems, each had a unique name and used the same data. It seems that each phone would have a unique PIN or ID with the Blackberry Desktop Manager?

2. Can I install a copy of the desktop software on my notebook to transfer files or backup, etc. when I am away from my desktop computer or out of town? I would not be using the notebook for syncing, just uploading a downloading to the phone?

Thanks,

Mark

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Two Phones with One Computer

Hey Mark welcome to PinStack!!!!

To answer your first question you will be able to sync both BB's to your Outlook easily. It will take a bit of setup but many users do this.

You can also install the DM on your laptop to do as you like. Shouldn't be a conflict with anything.

If you have anymore questions just ask.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

red you are toooo good my friend

mrnovack no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Thanks!

Any special steps I should take when setting this up? Just plug in the phone and set it up like the first or is there anything else I need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    Hey Mark welcome to PinStack!!!!

To answer your first question you will be able to sync both BB's to your Outlook easily. It will take a bit of setup but many users do this.

You can also install the DM on your laptop to do as you like. Shouldn't be a conflict with anything.

If you have anymore questions just ask.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Oh, I'm not the best person to answer this question.

I would speculate that once you Open up the Desktop Manager and Outlook.

Click Syncronize, then the Configuration Tab. Just configure it for each device.

That should do it.