Originally Posted by 3mrhythm is it possible to clone a card and use two cell ... General Blackberry forum

thegallery no está en línea Stack level 2

Two Phones, One SIM Card. Possible?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by 3mrhythm View Post
    is it possible to clone a card and use two cell phones on the same number? on the same billing? .that would be sweet
    I found this question from 3mrhythm and wondered if it was ever answered?

I plan to get an expensive blackberry but I ride MTB every day and when I'm on the bike I'd like just to carry a crappy phone for emergencies and the occasional business call. It would be great to have a cloned sim card that would ring to and allow calls from two phones.

Is this possible? If so how would I make it happen? Thanks

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    I know it's possible for GSM networks. Who is your carrier? The below link will get you started.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIM_cloning

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    Most carriers will not allow this to happen. It's an account security issue to have two sims programmed for the same phone line.

thegallery no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm with T-mobile. My Pearl died and I need something to get me until September when my contract ends. I thought I might pick up a refurbed 8800 to see how I like the larger format...

Right now I just popped my sim into a $35 prepaid phone. I hate it but the one thing I love is not worrying about losing or breaking it! (at least not worrying as much!)

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    Quote Originally Posted by thegallery View Post
    I'm with T-mobile. My Pearl died and I need something to get me until September when my contract ends. I thought I might pick up a refurbed 8800 to see how I like the larger format...

Right now I just popped my sim into a $35 prepaid phone. I hate it but the one thing I love is not worrying about losing or breaking it! (at least not worrying as much!)

If your just looking for something in the mean time, I would suggest finding an 8700. It'll be cheaper than an 8800 and give you an idea of if you like the bigger devices. (it has the same width as the curve, but is a bit thicker).

The only difference would be the trackwheel instead of a trackball, but if cheap is the way to go this is a great option.

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yes I do it everyday I have a curve and a pearl I'm on att though but it works I just switch them out

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Just get another phone and swap the SIM card. You won't have the BB features (unless the other phone is a BB). But that's what I do. I wish I could find my Samsung phone as a tower or something is down out here LOL