Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I remember just a couple of years ago there was no such thing as an ... General Blackberry forum

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way

TWO MAJOR OUTAGES IN LESS THAN A WEEK!

Advertisement

I remember just a couple of years ago there was no such thing as an outage. Even if there was it was maybe once a year and only an hour. Now they last over 12 hours and you get two of them in less than a week.

I am hoping this is not going to be the norm as RIM will see their stock drop even more!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I remember the same. Very odd, I have not read RIM's explaination yet. Has anyone read what has caused it yet?

Probably a Christmas Grinch.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Maybe it's time they upgraded their servers? This is something that will drive people away from bb

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I agree. It will drive people away. I'm one of them. Seriously pending dropping rim for good. I've been a blackberry user for a while and never experienced anything like this before. As greg mentioned something for about an hour, but never 12+ hours. I started having issues at 1pm est and just got restored this morning at 6am

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    They have blamed the outage on a bad Messenger update. I was finally able to download the new update this morning, so I'm pretty sure I've got the latest one with the "fix". If you're not sure, you can download here.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Man Rog, either I am having dejavu or you just posted that somewhere else . . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    lol Yeah, I posted in a few different threads, J.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    lol Yeah, I posted in a few different threads, J.

ok, thought I had been up too long already, LOL
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    It wasn't the outage that was frustrating. It was the fact that RIM didn't offer any updates or information during the outage.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    yea it was the outage that was frustrating, when you handle a large number of emails and bbms per day its VERY FRUSTRATING. i dont care what the cause was just fix it, hell my cable TV hasn't been out that long. thank God i have an iphone.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    My G1 worked fine..... lol

sdeeter19555 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I look at it this way:

BB has had two hiccups in the two years I have owned one. Compare that to complete loss of Verizon service (for more than 24 hours) a few years earlier, and losing messenger but not data (and not complete use of the phone) seems minor.

Its technology, and there are going to be annoyances regardless of service or gadget you own. In my case, the BB has proven to be better all around when compared to others' I've met in my travels.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Yep I could still use my $600 phone as just that and only that.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    seriously people it's technology. **** happens. and it will happen again. there are many more people on bb's today then there were only a few years ago. RIM aren't gods, and programers make mistakes. it happens. get over it and move on. your life didn't end because you couldn't get bbm's for a few hours.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Sounds like we are discussing a Microsoft windows issue to me jtheSis RIM hire a bunch or thier employees? I'm just glad my car does not work like that Some types of technogy. I would be blue if it stalled for a couple hours or if the AC failed right now. But seriously technology DOES fail some types more than others. We just have to realize some tech are more important than others.

If RIM were an airline jet engine manufacture...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast