Does anyone know how to turn off the phone so that I can't make or ... General Blackberry forum

j0hn00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242066D4

turn off voice but not data

Advertisement

Does anyone know how to turn off the phone so that I can't make or receive calls without turning off the data? More specifically, while on uma? I'll be travelling overseas next week and will have access to wifi most of the time while I'm there, but don't want to receive any calls. I just want to be able to use my bb for email. Thanks in advance.

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: turn off voice but not data

Click on Manage Connections, thats the signal icon. Scroll down to Mobile Network Options click on it. Look for "Connection Preference" to the right it should say either "Mobile Network Only, Mobile Network Preferred, Wifi Only, or Wifi Preferred. Choose "Wifi Only" then save it. Have fun on your trip! Or Just uncheck Mobile Network.
    Last edited by GadgetProne; 10-31-2007 at 02:19 AM.

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~May have to call carrier to disconnect voicemail or you will rack up connection charges as charges are both ways outside your zone usually!

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

if you have H@H and are traveling overseas you can make international calls using your wi-fi service to anywhere in the US and it only sees it as a H@H call...as of right now they haven't linked up the location identifiers so if you call from outside US in they think it's just another wi-fi call cause they can't track where the call is originating from...YET!...maybe some t-mo CSRs will let us know when the fix date is

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

They won't deactivate Voicemail...you can have it forwarded to another number. If you don't activate international roaming you'll be fine. Just change settings for Wifi use only.

j0hn00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242066D4

Thank you all. I'm going on vacation and want my office calling me at all hours of the night. That and in anticipation of going overseas, I used up most of my minutes already.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    -------
    Thank you all. I'm going on vacation and don't want my office calling me at all hours of the night. That and in anticipation of going overseas, I used up most of my minutes already.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by j0hn00; 11-01-2007 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Automerged.