OK. I've got a new Cingular Pearl and for the last few days I have ... General Blackberry forum

robg no está en línea Stack level 1

Trying to install OTA

Advertisement

OK. I've got a new Cingular Pearl and for the last few days I have been trying to install Opera and JiveTalk. I can download the files but after the hourglass finishes it comes back with unsucessful and the details of "907 invalid COD unable to import Zip file". These two apps are the only ones I am having problems with. Anybody have a clue?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Trying to install OTA

Are you attempting to download the zip files ota? Zip files need to be loaded via desktop manager (after unzipped). OTA files are downloaded over the air.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I am using the OTA link sent to me by JiveTalk for the Pearl, not the desktop link. The OTA link end with a .jad extension.

kyububba no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by robg
    I am using the OTA link sent to me by JiveTalk for the Pearl, not the desktop link. The OTA link end with a .jad extension.
    cut and paste the URL into your BlackBerry Browser, not the WAP browser like TMobile TZones or Cingular MediaNet.

See the FAQ entry mentioned in your installation instructions http://www.beejive.com/faq/install.html#WAPBrowser

Thanks. That was it. The default browser was set to MediaNet. I changed it to BBerry browser and the download/install worked like a charm. Thanks again.