I am trying to use my Blackberry to connect to my work IBM AS400 using ... General Blackberry forum

luvmypt no está en línea Stack level 1

Trying to connect to IBM host machine

Advertisement

I am trying to use my Blackberry to connect to my work IBM AS400 using the IBM's Websphere Host on Demand product.

When I type the URL in my BB, I get the message that Host on Demand is detecting the level of Java Support on my machine (BB). Then it just hangs.

While I've got the tech call into IBM support, can anyone tell me how I can tell what version of Java I currently have loaded on the BB? If this isn't the version I need, where do I go to get another version ?

THanks

Btw, my BB is a VZW 8830
    Last edited by luvmypt; 11-14-2007 at 12:44 PM. Reason: adding BB model

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Trying to connect to IBM host machine

You can't change the version of Java as it is built in with the OS. If you go to Options > About, what OS version are you running? The latest is 4.2.2.148. If you don't have the latest, go here to download it. If that doesn't work, you can always try Rove's Remote SSH application.

luvmypt no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the info! IBM Tech support said the Blackberry was not supported for IBM's Websphere Host on Demand product. BUT- the tech was extremely interested in finding out what type of message I was getting.

I really think it would have worked but the Java level on the BB is a more current version that what is supported on the IBM AS400. The screen I got when trying to connect is a normal screen. It just would hang there because the Java levels were not compatible. Since I won't be at this company much longer, it doesn't make much sense to have the AS400 java upgraded or purchase the Rove just so I can use the BB. I'll certainly keep the Rove in mind for my next job!

It would have been nice had it worked because I'm on call 5 days a week and would have loved not being tethered to a desktop for a couple of hours each evening.
    Last edited by luvmypt; 11-19-2007 at 05:09 PM.

vinniet no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

HOD is browser based 5250 emulator. There is no way it will ever work. It is very specific to what browser it supports and version of Java.

Like someone said above Mobile SSH supports all mainframe emulator such as 5250, 3270, etc. Your company would have to allow direct communication, which is unlikely.