Hello, I currently have a 7100 and just upgraded to a pearl. My it department ... General Blackberry forum

phonehead no está en línea Stack level 1

Trying to activate my pearl - help!

Advertisement

Hello, I currently have a 7100 and just upgraded to a pearl. My it department doesn't support the pearl and is refusing to help activate it on the corporate server. I used the switch device wizard and everything went smoothly however it cannot receive or send emails. Is there something else that needs to be done? Can this even be done without it doing something on their end? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

DrWoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D11279
    It depends on if it's a BES server....

If so, then yes. The IT department has to "give" you access to it..

Dr. Woo

phonehead no está en línea Stack level 1
    It is a BES server. Is there a way I can transfer the access that my other blackberry has to this one? Are the files / passwords on there somewhere? Thanks.

DrWoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D11279
    nope,

The way that BES works is like this....
    You type in a user name and password into the device, it then connects to the net, and get directed to the correct machine. so forth and so on...

So in short there is no "files" to move... because you're simply sending a username and password, then it sends the IT policy stuff.

Dr. Woo

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    Not exactly. If you have Desktop Manager, you can just perform a USB sync and it will ask you if you want to switch devices. You can perform an Enterprise Activation automatically via USB. If you don't have DM on your work PC then you're SOL as you'll need assistance from IT. See if they'll just give you a new EA password.

We've been weaning our users off of Desktop Manager since EA can be done wirelessly but DM is still quite useful.

Quote Originally Posted by DrWoo
    The IT department has to "give" you access to it..
    If the OP's 7100 was on BES, then there's no need to grant access. Once you have a BES account, it's good regardless of device. Now, if the OP wants to perform a wireless EA, then the BES admin needs to issue a new EA password.