Hey all, I've been searching forums and the internet for many hours and have tried ... General Blackberry forum

bcornwell no está en línea Stack level 1

Been trying to fix a Curve for 2 days now... any suggestions?

Advertisement

Hey all,

I've been searching forums and the internet for many hours and have tried every trick I've come across, but so far no luck.

I've got a Curve that won't boot up. After about 10 seconds of the white screen with the hourglass, I get an error saying "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException", then "App Error 200". Won't boot to the OS.

I've ALREADY tried using the app updater in DM with and without the battery, javaloader.exe with and w/o battery, JL_Cmdr with and w/o, BBSAK with and w/o. The problem is I can't get the computer to recognize the BB.

It seems like in all of the other posts I've read people have gotten their computer to recognize it long enough for it to be wiped and reload the OS. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've tried it on two different computers.

I'm wondering if someone has any other tips or tricks to get it going again. Or possibly if anyone that's fixed this before can give me advice on how they got it to work.

I would really appreciate any kind of help on this!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    What caused it to begin with, if you don't mind me asking? If it's a theme you installed or application you recently installed that you may recall that may have caused it; you might be able to get rid of it by using crackutil. I had a similar problem almost a year ago with the white screen of death and hourglass and shutting down again due to a theme I created and installed on my phone to test which I fortunately got rid of by using crackutil. It lists all the apps found on your device including os and what I did was found the theme which was messing up my phone, removed it from my apps list, unplugged my phone, rebooted and voila-bb resurrected. Good luck with your device
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Jeez sorry to hear that. Try unhooking your internet from your computer and removing your SD card from your phone. Then try using bbsak again and load your os. I wish I could help you more. Maybe one of the Mods can help you.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Try loading this to your PC 1st... http://forums.pinstack.com/f59/mass_...the_fix-96938/ then try... hopefully this helps!!!

Not actually my phone it belongs to someone at my company - I'm tech support. The user told me the phone accidentally got unplugged when it was synching or updating or something.

Thanks a lot for the replies folks. I've been trying some suggestions I got from people on other forums last week that haven't been working, but you all have given me some different things to try. Back to work on it....

Thanks

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Open bbsak and type a password or continue and THEN plug the bb in and hit connect. See if it recognizes it then. Also, does it take a.charge? Maybe the usb port is damaged
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

BeamMeUp no está en línea Stack level 2
    I can offer thi bit of advice. It isn't always an issue that is the fault of the phone. I have a curve that cannot connect to my Vista laptop but never fails to be recognized by my XP desktop. I have not taken the time to figure out why buy it is confounding.

I'm using XP, so Vista isn't the issue. I'll try the BBSAK thing. It does take a charge.

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Maybe crackutil will work on the phone

BerrySurgeon no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3030B0FC
    This might not make a difference, but i was fixing a clients phone the other day and i had the same problem. Couldn't recognize it for the life of that computer haha I then decided to inspect the USB insert. Turns out one of the brass connectors(out of the 5 the very center one -or 3rd in from either side) was pushed in. I proceeded to take the phone apart and open the top of the USB. I pried the connector back out, plugged it back in, it was recognized, and proceeded to do a full wipe and OS install successfully. Hope thats not your issue because it was kinda tricky haha

If anyone in the Calgary alberta area needs an upgrade, repair or has any questions feel free to add my PIN and let me know Thanks!

Josh - PIN: 3030B0FC